Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand * fcukin* bags Grrrrrrrrrr ...

Options
  • 14-08-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

With the recession raging on and the Unions and employers locked in debate about competitiveness, I have noticed that one issue keeps coming to the fore - productivity.

The unions keep saying that Irish workers are productive and that's what keeps us going. The employers say that we need to be more productive in order to stage a recovery, until this comes about, they have to cut staff, wages etc.

Being a married man, I think I see an instant solution - ban handbags.

My wife spends on average 30mins per day rooting in her hadbag for glasses, phone, keys, purse etc etc. This is about 180 hours per year which is 7.5 lost days per year.

If we assume that there are roughly 1.5 million bag using females in the country, this would mean that such a simple step would save us 11,250,000 days per year.

On a more personal note, it is the single most annoying phenomenon of modern times. Ladies, why oh why do you need to bring the entire contents of your house out with you everytime you go out. You are ruining the entire country.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Long Onion wrote: »

My wife spends on average 30mins per day rooting in her hadbag for glasses, phone, keys, purse etc etc. This is about 180 hours per year which is 7.5 lost days per year.

yes.but men spend 30 mins a day rooting at their balls.
    quid pro quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You know what I love the most about it?

They claim that they'd be lost without their handbags but they spend half their time losing stuff *in* their handbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

wudangclan wrote: »
    quid pro quo.

I see what you mean but I can do many things whilst scratching my nuts - drink a beer, change channel, drive etc. etc.

Bag searching on the other hand seems to render the female of the species unable to do anything especially find and answer the telephone before it goes to voicemail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

quid pro quo.

Yeah but at least that eventually produces something...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

OP - You clearly like handbags, otherwise you would not have put so much thought into your post. Admit it, the real issue here is you want one but can't because you are a man and in today's society men with handbags are not welcome...unless of course it is a man bag, now they might be more your style ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Wertz wrote: »
    Yeah but at least that eventually produces something...
    :pac:

and we dont carry the contents of the kitchen in our bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

It's where I keep my keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ladies, why oh why do you need to bring the entire contents of your house out with you everytime you go out.

So that we have something to dance around

kingtut wrote: »
    OP - You clearly like handbags, otherwise you would not have put so much thought into your post. Admit it, the real issue here is you want one but can't because you are a man and in today's society men with handbags are not welcome...unless of course it is a man bag, now they might be more your style ;)

Rumbled *slips on tutu, heads off to the Blue Oyster*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It's the big handbags that wreck my head, especially when I'm standing on a bus or a Luas and there will always be some woman with what I'd classify as a weekend bag on their way in to work. Some of them have no more in their bags than I do in my pockets - phone, keys, wallet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

why is it that women spend 5 minutes in a queue at an ATM and only decide to rummage around in their handbag to find their purse once they reach the front, thereby holding everyone else up?

Or when they get on the bus (depite knowing for the last 30 mins, whilst at the stop that it would come and they would need change)

Or at the checkout in the supermarket - it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have to pay love ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

why is it that women spend 5 minutes in a queue at an ATM and only decide to rummage around in their handbag to find their purse once they reach the front, thereby holding everyone else up?

because they are inferior to and less efficient than men.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wazdakka wrote: »
    It's where I keep my keys.

Yup, but you have to take out phone, tissues, purse, extra tampon, make up, hairbrush, mirror, umbrella and then the keys are free to leave :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yup, but you have to take out phone, tissues, purse, extra tampon, make up, hairbrush, mirror, umbrella and then the keys are free to leave :P

he must have big balls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This boils my blood

I once spend about half an hour in a queue behind about a dozen women at an ATM in Galway (there's only one, right?), if it had been a dozen men it would have been 5 mins....selfish c**ts

he must have big balls

They have to be big to fill the bag

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    This boils my blood

I once spend about half an hour in a queue behind about a dozen women at an ATM in Galway (there's only one, right?), if it had been a dozen men it would have been 5 mins....selfish c**ts

Interesting point --Kaiser-- going back to my original point about productivity of the country being lost, we should add to this all the time lost by men who end up standing in various queues whilst all this usless foostering and rummageing goes on around us.

Maybe we should invoice the women's institute for overtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Or when they get on the bus (depite knowing for the last 30 mins, whilst at the stop that it would come and they would need change)

Or at the checkout in the supermarket - it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have to pay love ...

Yup, that one really pisses me off. What the hell are they thinking? Maybe 'Oh, I'm sure I'll get my shopping for free this time.' Can any woman clarify this bizarre behaviour?

Advertisement