Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how does one get involved in such podcasting

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if its a closed shop when it comes to running podcasts. I do quite a bit of webcasting (I'll give a link if requested) and - though I cant say I definitely am interested in being involved - im just wondering what the protocol is ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

You generally make one and post it up,or you show up/get invited to a recording with others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

cool. ive tons of them - though not really boards related.

iamhunted wrote: »
    cool. ive tons of them - though not really boards related.

They kinda have to be or they don't get put up. I think theres also quality control...if youre too drunk,for example,they won't host em...

Like podcast 1.5...cough... :p

Just grab some other boardsie,look at popular threads and some boards news and chat about it. Thats the rough template :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

what my esteemed colleague there didn't mention was you can focus on all forums or on a smaller part of Boards.

I think there used to be a games and Wrestling podcast at one point.

Indeed, there was some drunken discussion of a Fighting games podcast, I think that would be a good one to do every now and then but very niche. I wouldn't make that part of the Boardscast at all.

like a music podcast based on the music from the bands in the music forum - that idea? Or a paranormal podcast based on discussion/or interviewing people in the paranormal forum?

• Advertisement

... cus I'd liek to get posters who wind each other up on the paranomral forum and have them have a decent, structured discussion about the paranormal via Skype and use that as a 30 min/60min podcast

... cus I'd liek to get posters who wind each other up on the paranomral forum and have them have a decent, structured discussion about the paranormal via Skype and use that as a 30 min/60min podcast

Exactly.

Whether you could call it an "Official" Paranormal podcast would be up to the mods of Paranormal though, I'd reckon, and I'd guess if you want them visible on the boardcass page there would be some level of non trolliness required :)

it would have to be a polite, structure and organised debate. the debate bit would be important, but it wouldnt have to get ugly.

it would have to be a polite, structure and organised debate. the debate bit would be important, but it wouldnt have to get ugly.

Yeah. I could see alot of people digging that if it could be organised. :)

I could do that - is it something I'd have to do first, then have it reviewed? Ive no problem doing that.

• Advertisement

I could do that - is it something I'd have to do first, then have it reviewed? Ive no problem doing that.

I've only ever been on the Monkeyfudge one myself so Nerin would be better to answer that.

To be honest,i just made one with soj, uploaded it to mediafire and linked it to monkeyfudge.

He has access to the secret world of the boards podcast site.

i run a site called radiocrackle.com that looks after the whole podcasting side - I just upload the mp3. But I'll have a word with mr monkeyfudge and see what the story is

Humour forum podcast would be nice, im too tired to read the jokes sometimes;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Not a bad idea.

I think there's a lot of material that can be taken from the boards.ie blog as well.

I've been very busy lately but I'll see what I can do and within a month I'll try and get something up and running with the boardscasts again. Will try and get them a bit tidier as well. They do tend to be a bit haphazard.

Anyone interested in helping out then let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not a bad idea.

I think there's a lot of material that can be taken from the boards.ie blog as well.

I've been very busy lately but I'll see what I can do and within a month I'll try and get something up and running with the boardscasts again. Will try and get them a bit tidier as well. They do tend to be a bit haphazard.

Anyone interested in helping out then let me know.

Wouldn't mind getting involved again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Would love to give some coverage to one of the football matches actually... perhaps even a bit of commentary with highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would love to give some coverage to one of the football matches actually... perhaps even a bit of commentary with highlights.
    Fair play. That would be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

I have a 5 minute documentary I did on the History of Ireland in the past couple of years.

Could I post that or is it against the rule? I also have an 55 minute extended version of that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Notions UCC

where do we post these podcast on this site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement