Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer park howth resevoir

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering has this ever been stocked with anything or has anybody ever fished it and caught anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

peterk19 wrote: »
    I was just wondering has this ever been stocked with anything or has anybody ever fished it and caught anything?

Used to catch Roach & Perch one time but years of Cider party druggie scum & "anglers" have ruined the place.more litter & rats there too:o
    It was ok when I was a kid to getting some fishing practice;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

opeldave wrote: »
    Used to catch Roach & Perch one time but years of Cider party druggie scum & "anglers" have ruined the place.more litter & rats there too:o
    It was ok when I was a kid to getting some fishing practice;)

thanks for that was pretty much what i expected i was thinking it would be handy to use to learn lake fishing seeing as its close to home

peterk19 wrote: »
    thanks for that was pretty much what i expected i was thinking it would be handy to use to learn lake fishing seeing as its close to home

Its perfect for that I brought some mates there when they started out fishing as although the fish are tiny-you have a decent chance of catching one:D
    Watch out for flying golfballs had some near misses over the years:mad:
    PM me if you need any info on what part of the pond fishes best;)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

guys sorry to rain on this thread but the resevoir is strictly no fishing

also it is not safe on most parts to even stand you are blinded from the golfers and they do not shout fore if a ball is going into the drink

heed my advice on this please

as for the fishing last time i was there the fish are stunted no point in even bothering

and yes i know about the concreate block that doesnt stop some idiot that uses his ****ing driver on a par 3 course dont bother fishing behind it

Sparks43 wrote: »
    guys sorry to rain on this thread but the resevoir is strictly no fishing

also it is not safe on most parts to even stand you are blinded from the golfers and they do not shout fore if a ball is going into the drink

heed my advice on this please

as for the fishing last time i was there the fish are stunted no point in even bothering

and yes i know about the concreate block that doesnt stop some idiot that uses his ****ing driver on a par 3 course dont bother fishing behind it

It can be dangerous uring the daytime from golf balls & in the evening from cider party skangers:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Cutter94

Hey Opel Dave,

The 5th hole on that par 3 adjacent to the reservoir is actually quite a long shot so you'd have to use a driver unless your Tiger Woods.

I seen a lad fish there the other day would pay no mind to whoever said fishing is strictly forbidden as there's no signs stating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Cutter94 wrote: »
    Hey Opel Dave,

The 5th hole on that par 3 adjacent to the reservoir is actually quite a long shot so you'd have to use a driver unless your Tiger Woods.

I seen a lad fish there the other day would pay no mind to whoever said fishing is strictly forbidden as there's no signs stating it.

Zombie thread. It’s 9 years old. How did you even find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Cutter94 wrote: »
    Hey Opel Dave,

I'm not sure which way the holes aligns but keep your eyes open for golf balls either way the full 360 degrees of the pond gets hit by stray balls.
    Risky place but slightly safer and deeper down by the pumphouse. Plenty of micro perch if you give it a few hours.

P.s.opel dave was my previous user name.
    So not quite a zombie thread for me

Advertisement