Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points for Primary Teaching going to skyrocket or stay the same??

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I got 475...which would've guaranteed me either St. Pats, Marino or Froebel this year....just SLIGHTLY curious to know whether predictions earlier in the year are true? That primary teaching college's points will soar due to the demand? My first choice is St. Pats and i've kinda my heart set on it...it was 470 last year....just wondering does anyone have the crystal ball to tell me how much it'll be monday?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I would have said they'd fall (Slightly) or stay the same, partly because I'd think someone would have to be medically insane to get into teaching.........

I'm kind of joking btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

My crystal ball says 465. Its been known to be +/-5% though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

I'm in the EXACT same position as you! Also got 475 and puts Pats down as first choice! From what I hear it will either stay the same or increase by 5 points. Amazingly the number of students who applied this year for teaching, is relatively the same as last year, so on that note be optimistic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's hard to say, applications are up this year for teacher training courses but you might find that some don't take up the places this year considering all the job cuts that have come in education in recent months. No one will really know until Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I'd say it'll stay pretty much the same.It might go up by five points,but I can't see it going up by any more than that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

just because theres an increase in demand doesnt mean those people did well in their leaving. the increase in figures as far as i remember is something like 3 percent,ill check back where i rad that later. so not a huge increase really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Misterdenudatio

Thank you! My mind is slightly at ease! Is there anywhere you can check how many applied for what and such?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Yes

http://www2.cao.ie/dir_report/pdf/AppStats01Feb2009.pdf

But bare in mind,many people would have taken teaching off their CAO given the recent revelations regarding teaching positions . . so you'll get in,don't worry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Id say 475* just to piss you off.:D:pac:

Joking

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I think it will go up by 5 or 10 points but fingers crossed you'll get it. while the number of applicants applying for education has dropped by a few hundred people, the general points acheived by applicants this year has done so also.
    If you don't get St. Pats, don't be disheartened. The other teaching colleges have great reports. I applied for Froebel when I did the LC and it was the best choice I EVER made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 fearanpost

I got 455 an im goin 4 st.pats as well, but i get the gaeltacht thingy so i have a 25 point cushion based on last years points, but i have a wild feelin it'll go down so ya should be safe enough... might see ya round pats!;)

Advertisement