Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Car mechanic in KK area?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I have a Landcruiser which i need a mechanic to have a look at, im fairly sure its small thing needs doing but the Dealer wants to charge 1000 for it.

anybody here know of a reputable guy who is fairly handy with cars etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Took my Discovery up to Paul at Advance Pittshop and was very happy with the job and price. Careful with some of the cowboys around, had a wheel changed at one I won't name about two years ago and the thing nearly came off heading up to Dublin the next day, scared the life out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Heard good reports from the polish lad in Irishtown. Cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

ztoical wrote: »
    Took my Discovery up to Paul at Advance Pittshop and was very happy with the job and price. Careful with some of the cowboys around, had a wheel changed at one I won't name about two years ago and the thing nearly came off heading up to Dublin the next day, scared the life out of me.

Thanks, I'll call up there when I'm in town today
    fabbydabby wrote: »
    Heard good reports from the polish lad in Irishtown. Cheap too.

Hi fabbydaddy, would have have any contact details or address for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Ive never had anything but great experiences with Mark Webster, he is out the Freshford road in Three Castles.
    He is only 5mins outside the city, if your intrested ill pm you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

No steppen I don't. His name is Greg Polack or something like that. Its directly across the road from spar in irishtown.

There was also a fellow on the forum here not so long ago touting extremely cheap services down there beside the black cat. No experience of them though.

My mate always goes to Joe Pollard. He is way out in Tullaroan but tends to be very good and very reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

I ended up paying Paul a visit in Advance Pitstop, the guy knows his stuff, will be getting some work done with him soon

but thanks to all for the suggestions

Advertisement