Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodstock anniversary TV programmes?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone knew if there are any Woodstock documentaries or TV programmes scheduled over the weekend to commemorate the 40th anniversary ?

I didn't spot any on todays listings.

-ifc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Digiguide wrote:
    HISTORY DOCUMENTARY: Woodstock Diaries
    On: FX (164)
    Date: Saturday 15th August 2009 (starting tomorrow morning)
    Time: 00:10 to 01:20 (1 hour and 10 minutes long)

On August 15, 1969 nearly 500,000 people descended on the infamous site of Woodstock to listen to 26 now-legendary artists over a three-day period. This programme, made by film-maker D A Pennebaker, takes a look at the history of this great event and includes classic performances from the likes of Santana, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker and The Who, as well as Sly and the Family Stone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    and
    Digiguide wrote:
    FILM: Woodstock
    On: BBC 4 (116)
    Date: Saturday 15th August 2009 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 21:00 to 00:35 (3 hours and 35 minutes long)

In 1969, almost 500,000 people gathered on a farm in Bethel, New York, for three days of peace and music. This director's cut documents the music festival from the set up to the clean up, with iconic concert footage from Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Joan Baez, Crosby, Stills and Nash and many more.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles, 1970, 15, 4 Star)

Director: Michael Wadleigh
    Starring: Richie Havens, Joan Baez, Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Pete Townshend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Many thanks Mossy.

I actually had a DigiGuide paid sub last year but let it lapse this year.
    Are you able to search those listings using free services on Digiguide or
    are you using a subscriber account. I let mine lapse because I rarely used it (mind you it is a godsend when you do need it).

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Use this instead ifconfig.

http://tvguide.co.uk/

OT: Don't understand people who pay for Digiguide anyways when there's perfectly good free alternatives out there.

Advertisement