Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Resolution Photos Of Victoria Crater On Mars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That's stunning.

How/when was that taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter took that photo.Mars_Reconnaissance_Orbiter

File:NASA_Mars_Rover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

that is just amazing :eek:
    thanks for the post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

great pic Furball,
    Whats the situation with the marsrover that was/is stuck in the sand?

love those little guys spirit and opportunity,

must be 5 years since they landed with an expected lifetime of three months, seems like nobody told them their life expectancy though!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

New background. Lovely pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

thats an amazing picture.mars has some mind blowing geographical features.i wonder if/when there will be a manned mission.i just hope im around when it happens.

thats an amazing picture.mars has some mind blowing geographical features.i wonder if/when there will be a manned mission.i just hope im around when it happens.

cant see it happening for at least 40 years,if ever dublin.

even if the will was there the cash is,nt.

NASA is skint and even the the iss(still not fully completed)only has guarenteed funding until 2015 :eek:

who knows though may,be something dramatic might cause the U.S to make it a priority,or may,be China will surprise the world.

i,m fairly certain we are in for a major surprise from the Chinese space programme soon.

not mars,but their third man in space flight is due very soon,and in the only two manned flights they have had so far they have reached about the amount of progress it took Russia/USA approx 60 manned flights to achieve.

ynotdu wrote: »
    cant see it happening for at least 40 years,if ever dublin.

even if the will was there the cash is,nt.

NASA is skint and even the the iss(still not fully completed)only has guarenteed funding until 2015 :eek:

who knows though may,be something dramatic might cause the U.S to make it a priority,or may,be China will surprise the world.

i,m fairly certain we are in for a major surprise from the Chinese space programme soon.

not mars,but their third man in space flight is due very soon,and in the only two manned flights they have had so far they have reached about the amount of progress it took Russia/USA approx 60 manned flights to achieve.

if america stopped wasting billions of dollars on invading other countries then a mars mission could happen sooner rather than later,the mars society fella(cant think of his name)came up with a cost effective way to get to mars,it was rejected by nasa.

as for the chinese i dont know if it would be a good thing if they dominate space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

if america stopped wasting billions of dollars on invading other countries then a mars mission could happen sooner rather than later,

Are there 'terrorists' on Mars?

Cos, y'know, if there were....

quad_red wrote: »

lmao,

jihad e.t could be there.

you never know......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hopefully they will take a few more high res pictures of the 'Face' in the Cydonia region, to quieten the nut jobs as well. :D

as for the chinese i dont know if it would be a good thing if they dominate space.[/quote]

It would be a disaster for China to control space,but most of the money America has borrowed to get out of its mess has been China,s money,The US is on the decline so much that a future prez might have to give the keys of the White house to them without a war!:eek:

Lol if only OIL had been found on Mars when Bush was in office:)
    marco_poloHopefully they will take a few more high res pictures of the 'Face' in the Cydonia region, to quieten the nut jobs as well. [IMG]http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Lol dont hold your breath,the man never landed on the moon brigade still sticking with it even now when the new lunar orbitors have produced foto,s of the Apollo lunar module remnants on the moon!:)

ps first attemt at multiquote,so excuse:)

Advertisement