Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out my mashups (Youtube links inside)...

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/user/zappateer1

That's my channel. If you look to the right, under 'Uploads', you'll find all 4 of my mashups.
    Clicking on 'More Info' will show you the entire list of tracks used.

I make them with Cubase and Transribe!.

PLEASE feel free to leave comments and/or requests.

NB: I had to split up the 1st one because of the 10 minute, but do listen to the second half, because it's got some of the strongest material I've put together.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Come come, good people, give 'em a twirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Very cool. A very broad spectrum of music there. Especially like the little bit of Rodriguez creeping in on pt2...!

You've heard of Rodriguez?
    I'm tempted to high 5 you, but I'm in Donegal. A virtual one will have to suffice.

The PA2 thing was made by request by a mate. It's his EP, with bits taken from every song.

AAAh. I see now you're Pinky.
    I went to the gig in Whelan's. A fantastic night.
    I remember you played support. I really liked your stuff, by the way. You've some really cookin' stuff going on there.

I'm considering making music a career myself. The plan is to get a good bit of stuff written, try it out live with a few good musical mates, and try and take it over to London.

What's happening in Pinky-land at the minute?

Ha you were at his gig? Deadly! Spent a good few hours smoking twizzle, ear burning, and playing songs with him after. He's extremely amicable and goes out of his way to accommodate his fans. I think he had all of the crowd up to his dressing room after and chatted to each person individually. As is reflected in his lyrics, he's a very intelligent, concerned, down to earth guy.

Those mash ups really are great. Will definitely play them at social gatherings and the like!

Good luck if you decide to take up music as a career too. You have a good taste in music which is an extremely important factor.

• Advertisement

..Japers. That'd be quite something.
    What a place to stumble upon your good self.

Have you many gigs on the go these days?

Japers indeed.

No gigs right now, I'm afraid. Just getting everything together for album release time... there is a ton of stuff to do! Sure, I can let you know when the new myspace is up and running if you want.

Please do. I genuinely want to hear the results.
    The crowd were somewhat respectful at the gig, with regards oneself, but I know a proper recording is the only way to do singer-songwriter stuff justice.

Elliott Smith is as good an example as any, I suppose. His production skills on the later stuff is unbelievable at times, so perfectly crafted and weighted, but his live videos seem to never project the same atmosphere. Shame.

Thanks again for the listen...

Well, that was my first solo gig in over two years, I usually play in a 3 piece. Though you're right, the crowd was very respectful, which is always nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Scien wrote: »
    Brilliant.
    Clean transitions & a nice selection of Genres all the way through.
    Part II is great.

Huge fan of 'Feed the Animals' so i love all this stuff.
    Keep at it, subscribed.

Thanks a lot, good sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I like it mate.

I love Mash-Up music, but find it quite hit or miss. Thats good though, fair play.

I see Feed The Animals mentioned above, E-603 does the same thing just as well for free, you can download Torn Up (His latest) off his site for free, much more recent samples too.

Advertisement