Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao points 2009

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me please where I can view the points for this year??
    Can't find them anywhere online..
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Afaik they're not officially out till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

MrPirate wrote: »
    Afaik they're not officially out till Monday.
    Interesting are you saying you know of somewhere to get them unofficially. :rolleyes:

Anyway that is correct the points for this year will be published on Monday along with the first round offers. These points will not be final however as they can changes through each of the rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

TELL ME WHY!! I don't like Mondays? TELL ME WHY!! I don't like Mondays? TELL ME WHY!! Oo Oo Oooo Oooo Oooooooooo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Edsgravy0

Perhaps this could be the points rise/fall speculation thread until then?

Any predictions for BESS in Trinity? Was 470 last year I believe

Isaac702 wrote: »
    Interesting are you saying you know of somewhere to get them unofficially. :rolleyes:

:D :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

MrPirate wrote: »
    :D :P

You were asked a question, do you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    You were asked a question, do you??

It wasn't a question, it ended with a "." and not a "?"; therefore not a question. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

I hear Pharmacy has dropped to 400 points:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Tobyglen wrote: »

if i had known that was going to happen it would have been second on my CAO!!

Oh well can't really complain anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fink18

what type of ****ing eegit thinks that points are published and are not set by the number of applicants for a course?ur after doing ur leaving u may aswell read up on the points system,save u looking like a fool asking"where can i get the points for this year,i cant find them online"are u mentally ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

fink18 wrote: »
    what type of ****ing eegit thinks that points are published and are not set by the number of applicants for a course?ur after doing ur leaving u may aswell read up on the points system,save u looking like a fool asking"where can i get the points for this year,i cant find them online"are u mentally ill?
    enjoy getting banned, how rude are you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Tobyglen wrote: »

:pac:

No seriously I believe in UCC it will be 545* down 10 from 555* in 2008.

In Trinity I think it will be 540* down 5 from 545* in 2008.

In Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland I think it will be 530 down 10 from 540 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

leesmom wrote: »
    enjoy getting banned, how rude are you
    He/she has a point in fairness, just didn't articulate it very well.

I would have thought that anybody who did their Leaving this year and applied to college through CAO should know the procedure like the back of their hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It even says it on the CAO website right in front of you:

Round one = monday 17th of August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

lol

JSK 252 wrote: »
    :pac:

No seriously I believe in UCC it will be 545* down 10 from 555* in 2008.

In Trinity I think it will be 540* down 5 from 545* in 2008.

In Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland I think it will be 530 down 10 from 540 last year.

eh...may i ask how you can make such exact predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

Well, our CAO choices are already in, our points are out, all the information necessary is already there to sort out the points. In my opinion, it seems like it would be pretty easy for the SEC to give the info about the points to the CAO early, and let them sort out everything beforehand. And as it can probably all be done by a computer, it also seems like it could be sorted very quickly too. In fairness, it's a little unexpected that someone wouldn't know the dates that the offers were released, but if they didn't, I for one would view it as logical to assume they'd be available the same day as the points.

If anyone's interested, I heard from an unreliable source that law applications are up 2% this year. But there are also a few more places available and whatnot. So we'll see I guess. The most interesting courses are the ones with like 10 people that fluctuate between 510 and 470 on a yearly basis, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lol_j

If anyone's interested, I heard from an unreliable source that law applications are up 2% this year. But there are also a few more places available and whatnot. So we'll see I guess. The most interesting courses are the ones with like 10 people that fluctuate between 510 and 470 on a yearly basis, good times.[/quote]

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0817/cao.html

Points for general Science degrees are up across the board, most strongly and significantly at UCD.
    However, there has been a noted drop in demand for construction related courses.
    This year's CAO figures confirm a trend that began last year, which reflects the changed economic situation.

Interest in construction related courses has fallen considerably, with points for courses such as Architecture and Civil Engineering substantially down.

The points requirement for Law degrees has also dropped significantly.

Despite widely publicised cuts in teacher numbers, it is still a popular
    choice among CAO applicants with points for all the main teaching courses up again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seand04

hi i was wondering how mutch the points could drop in the second round because im 15 points short for Architectural Technology in CIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

celtic723 wrote: »
    if i had known that was going to happen it would have been second on my CAO!!

Oh well can't really complain anyway.

If Pharmacy really was your second-favourite course, then why didn't you put it second on your CAO?

Advertisement