Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

hi! ok i got more than enough points for my course (NUIG), but now my dad believes i wont get the hear grand because i dont need the points reduction. (iv got the letter to say i qualified to get it if i got into my college)
    i dont know... i think thats stupid because that would mean in order to get the grant i shouldnt study.. doesnt make sense like.. help?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

you should be fine. there is no reason you shouldnt get it because you did well in the leaving. Id ring whoever is in charge of the grant just incase. Congrats on your results by the way

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

hi! ok i got more than enough points for my course (NUIG), but now my dad believes i wont get the hear grand because i dont need the points reduction. (iv got the letter to say i qualified to get it if i got into my college)
    i dont know... i think thats stupid because that would mean in order to get the grant i shouldnt study.. doesnt make sense like.. help?:confused:
    I think your father is interpreting it wrongly, tbh.

If you qualified for HEAR, the fact that you did well in your LC certainly won't disqualify you.

Advertisement