Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography in DIT - Maths question.

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:15pm

Just checking this out for someone. They got the points but failed maths, does anyone know what the procedure is regarding CAO offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

According to this:
    http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/dt559.pdf

...there doesn't appear to be any maths requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says minimum grade in Maths and English/Irish - meaning you must at least pass maths and english or Irish and also need to pass six Leaving cert subjects two of which must be honours subjects.

did your "friend" submit a portfolio ?

best of my recollection (of artsy type courses in college - I wanted to do Animation in Dun Laoghaire) .... you submit a portfolio, get called for interview.... after interview they pretty much tell you that you need X amount of points in leaving cert (portfolio is primary assessment and allows the college to give you a substantial help in getting the course)

*I studied chemistry in college - working full-time as a photographer for the last 5years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

PCPhoto wrote: »
    maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says minimum grade in Maths and English/Irish - meaning you must at least pass maths and english or Irish and also need to pass six Leaving cert subjects two of which must be honours subjects.

yeah i saw that but the boxes are blank which I read as 'not applicable'. If OD3 was the minimum grade surely they would have inserted. I'm guessing that's a standard box they use for all entry requirements

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

pathway33 wrote: »
    yeah i saw that but the boxes are blank which I read as 'not applicable'. If OD3 was the minimum grade surely they would have inserted. I'm guessing that's a standard box they use for all entry requirements
    I'd interpret it the same way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement