Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing HL Chem results?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone else kinda dissappointed with their Chem result? I got a B1. Its good, but I was so delighted with the paper. I went over it after the exam, and could only see minor mistakes I might have made. Is there any point in appealing it? A subject like Chem with a strict marking scheme and not much room for objectivity...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Yeah, definitely get an appeal. It can't hurt, and it's only 40 euro if you don't get upgraded so...

I got an A1, delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

me and about 10 other people i know are in the same boat. i think you should just look at it first before you decide. i might ask my chemistry teacher to look at it with me. it'd be nice to go up a few points now wouldn't it?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I was slightly cagey about getting the A1 because I ****ed up the heat of formation question, as it was my eigth question and the last part so I was really tired when I got to that question!

I got the A1 though!:D

fahy, jsk252..... i'm jealous!

well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

fahy, jsk252..... i'm jealous!

well done!

if my memory serves me correctly, you are going for med right? How did you get on overall?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Such-A-Charmer

Thats cool, thanks guys :)
    Yep, im gonna view it with my teacher first hopefully. She's amazing, and will probably be able to tell if there's any point in getting it rechecked.

JSK 252 wrote: »
    if my memory serves me correctly, you are going for med right? How did you get on overall?:)

570 which combines with my hpat to give me 726...:o

but you never know it might be enough! i saw you got 580: woop woop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

In our school the highest Chem result in a class of 22 or so was a C1!

I just had to laugh, it really stung the idiotic ham of a teacher we had :D

I just had to laugh, it really stung the idiotic ham of a teacher we had :D

ha! yeah our teacher was a fool as well, most of what she thought us either wasn't true or wasn't on the bloody L.C course! tusk tusk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I also fall into the confused B1 category, probably going to view a few things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wowiee

This is a little of the point ....I am thinking of repeating and I'd need to take chem is it possible to get a good grade in it in just one year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

wowiee wrote: »
    This is a little of the point ....I am thinking of repeating and I'd need to take chem is it possible to get a good grade in it in just one year?

Hmm... It'd be tough. Chem is a difficult subject. It takes time to fully understand the course, and that's what you need if you're aiming for a top grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Such-A-Charmer

Yeah I think its possible. But as said above, its a real tough subject. Depends how intelligent you are, how good you are at grasping science/maths, and how willing to work you are. If you were up for totally slogging it out so bad, and you're intelligent, its possible. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Got an A1 delighted with it!If you work consistently with chemistry live,maybe the chemistry workbook,the marking schemes and the exam papers throughout the year you should be able to get the A1

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

i got an A2 which was highest in the class of about 15 but I definitely wasn't the best in the class. Some others who deserved an A1 got C's so I think the marking here was dodgy!

Advertisement