Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 upgrades

Options
  • 13-08-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Kalash M4 CQB and I'm thinking of installing some internal upgrades. What would be worth upgrading???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Kalash M4 CQB and I'm thinking of installing some internal upgrades. What would be worth upgrading???

What exactly are you looking to get from the upgrades? More range? Rof? Accuracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Range, accuracy and reliability mostly. A precision barrel would obviously increase accuracy. Would an upgraded hop-up and hop rubber increase range???

Range, accuracy and reliability mostly. A precision barrel would obviously increase accuracy. Would an upgraded hop-up and hop rubber increase range???

Good place to start would be: a tightbore barrel and new hop for the range/accuracy. If you wanted to go into rof/reliability you could put in some new bearings, shim the gearbox and maybe get a new motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Would a new spring be worth installing? Its shooting 315fps.

Would a new spring be worth installing? Its shooting 315fps.

Tightbores can sometimes bring the fps up some so it could be up to about 320 after that so it's not really worth it for the extra 8 or so fps, best to install the barrel etc first then chrono and see if the spring's worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement