Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midwifery points

Options
  • 13-08-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

theyve reduced the nursing places by 310 across intillectual disability,psyciatric and general nursing but have not reduced the places in midwifery,will the cut in places in the other three sectors affect the points for midwifery? im sooo convinced i wont get it at this stage! whhhyyy do we have to wait till monday???:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

310 isn't a huge amount given how many thousands of general nursing places there are available.

i hope they don't go up hugely, its not the best known course tbh.

i'm applying for trinity, where are you applying to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

ucd is my first choice,then trinity, and dundalk(dont want to go there really though)
    id be really happy with either trinity or ucd though but theres only bout 50 places for leaving certs between the two. did you apply for ucd too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 midwife2b?

310 isn't a huge amount given how many thousands of general nursing places there are available.

i hope they don't go up hugely, its not the best known course tbh.

i'm applying for trinity, where are you applying to do it?

not thousands of places, around 1800, and thats not just general thats also physc..intell disability and midwifery..

midwife2b? wrote: »
    not thousands of places, around 1800, and thats not just general thats also physc..intell disability and midwifery..
    it doesnt include midwifery, i stated that in my post

leesmom wrote: »
    ucd is my first choice,then trinity, and dundalk(dont want to go there really though)
    id be really happy with either trinity or ucd though but theres only bout 50 places for leaving certs between the two. did you apply for ucd too?

yup, trinity, ucd and then dundalk.

don't really want dundalk either, i think my points are high enough for trinity but dont wanna jinx it!

• Advertisement

youll get trinity. just out of interest why did you choose tcd over ucd?
    i was at the ucd open day and their nursing school seems great,plus id like to be able to drive to college,not happy to be sitting in traffic going into town:P although i suppose trinity has a better name,especially if you want to work abroad

ucd is two buses away and too much hassle to drive to in rush hour traffic from where i am!

trinity is much handier for me, also when i went to the ucd open day no-one would give me a tour of the nursing facilities and there was only one midwifery talk which had already happened by the time i got there!
    didnt want to pick somewhere that i'd no real info on you know?
    plus I can do my placements in the rotunda with trinity and thats also really handy for me to get a bus into!

and yeah, also being able to say i'm in trinity, because of its reputation, as shallow as it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Well girls, did you get your Midwifery places?
    I am starting in UCD in a few weeks, as a Mature Student
    Hope to see some of you there

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    Well girls, did you get your Midwifery places?
    I am starting in UCD in a few weeks, as a Mature Student
    Hope to see some of you there
    cao offers out in the morning,so fingers crossed, im not getting my hopes up though.
    congrats on getting a place in ucd btw:)

leesmom good luck, will be rooting for you - keep us posted

• Advertisement

mumtoe&e wrote: »
    leesmom good luck, will be rooting for you - keep us posted
    thanks a million:)

got my first choice, midwifery in trinity :)

so happy!!!

anyone else doing the same course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shawzy

hi aisling.laura
    i got midwifery in trinity too!! delighted :) but a little nervous as i know nobody else doing the course!
    its great we have another month off,not in until the 21st :)
    i hope to do my placement in the rotunda too

got ucd, very happy.
    only 2 weeks till i start i think
    congrats on getting tcd aisling.laura and shawzy

Congrats girls!! woohoo its so exciting..im starting in NUIG sept (got it with mature) there is a great thread on rollercoaster http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/mc.asp?G=66&id=344538&forumdb=4

shawzy wrote: »
    hi aisling.laura
    i got midwifery in trinity too!! delighted :) but a little nervous as i know nobody else doing the course!
    its great we have another month off,not in until the 21st :)
    i hope to do my placement in the rotunda too

yeah i think TCD's the latest going back, its nice to have such a long break :)
    i'm nervous too, i know hardly anyone going to trinity, let alone doing the course!
    i can't wait though!!

oh cool, we might be working together then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dc2009

Hey!!
    I also got accepted into midwifery in Trinity .. it was my first choice! Im delighted i got it :)
    The longer break is brill..I dont know anyone doing this course either.. but im looking forward to starting it!!
    Are you from the Dublin area?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I got midwifery too ! I'm scared though, in case I'm the only guy doing it !

I should meet loads of girls though...even when I enter the world of work ! :cool:

Jeebus wrote: »

I should meet loads of girls though...even when I enter the world of work ! :cool:
    where are you doing it?
    it was in the newspaper that irelands first direct entry male midwife will be starting in dundalk it this septmeber, so guess your the second if theres no others:)

Jeebus wrote: »

well done jeebus - yes it was in the Independent last week about a man who is returning to college as a mat student to do Midwifery (he was previously a builder) so big well done to him, and you!! good on you - more men are needed in the profession

where will you be studying?

• Advertisement

A few girls starting midwifery in tcd on this thread xx

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/mc.asp?ID=344538&G=66&forumdb=4

dc2009 wrote: »
    Hey!!
    I also got accepted into midwifery in Trinity .. it was my first choice! Im delighted i got it :)
    The longer break is brill..I dont know anyone doing this course either.. but im looking forward to starting it!!
    Are you from the Dublin area?
    :)

Just outside dublin but i'm close enough, just a bus away from me!
    Which hospital do you want to do your placement in? I'm praying for the rotunda, the coombe is too far away for me!
    I'm really excited to start but I'm loving the extra month off too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dc2009

Yeah I'm living in Dublin so its just a bus into town everyday .. i am hoping for rotunda hospital too..! :) It is handier for me also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shawzy

im from just outside Dublin. A lot of people seem 2 be hoping for the rotunda!!
    Only a few weeks to go! :)

Advertisement