Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I Have A Chance With This Course?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I didn't get the results I wanted so my first 2 choices are gone.

my third choice is Computer Science in DIT (DT228)

I got 255 points and the points for said course are at 230 from last year.

I noticed this however on the website :

"a grade C3 or higher in at least 2 subjects at higher level."

I only have a C1 in Higher Geography and the rest at higher are 2 D1's and 2 E's
    with pass maths and Irish being B2 and B3

do I havea chance at all??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If you don't have the required subjects, points or grades, it is highly unlikely you will get the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Even if you have enough points you still need to meet the matriculation requirements. Unfortunately, if at least two C3 grades are required and you only have one you will not be offered the course. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

yeah mate sorry but if you haven't met the entry requirements you will not be offered the course! I picked DT228 as my 1st choice and should get in 305 points with two c3's and c in maths. DIT also state that you mast pass 6 subjects of the leaving certificate

Does anyone know if computer courses are "in" again?I was looking at the points the course used to be and it was well into the 300 zone!like 380 or something!!

Advertisement