Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possibly caught speeding.... ?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Was driving in Belfast earlier today and i was doing 35mph in a 30mph zone, there was a handheld speed camera being used on the side of the road pointed at my car and i think they may have done me. I wasnt pulled over and my car is registered to my house in England from where i used to live and was due to change over addresses next month back to NI.

Just wondering what the procedure is from here, and what are the chances of me being done?

Also as i dont live in my house in England anymore i only get my post sent home once a month from friends who still live there, so what sorta timescales are usually on these things?

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you were doing an indicated 35mph on the speedo you're probably fine, speedos tend to overread and the police also have a margin below which they won't take any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Budeh

No it was at 37mph the speedo, but i know its 2mph out which is why i was saying 35mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Get obligatory lecture out of the way *you naughty naughty boy* and gets down off high horse. :cool:

Advertisement