Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will we know the points for the courses when the offers come out?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

My friend is practically having a panic attack inside at work about her course. She said that someone told her nursing had risen to 460 and if it does she wou't have enough. But I thought that we don't know what the points are until next Monday and the offers are out or am I mistaken?

I was instructed to find out ASAP and she is probably dreading my phone call back to her but nobody knows anything points wise till Monday,right?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Animo wrote: »
    My friend is practically having a panic attack inside at work about her course. She said that someone told her nursing had risen to 460 and if it does she wou't have enough. But I thought that we don't know what the points are until next Monday and the offers are out or am I mistaken?

I was instructed to find out ASAP and she is probably dreading my phone call back to her but nobody knows anything points wise till Monday,right?

That is correct. Take her out somewhere to take her mind off it. I know it's hard to just forget about it so in the meantime find something fun you can both do and just enjoy yourselves. Monday will come quick enough, we all know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

celtic723 wrote: »
    That is correct. Take her out somewhere to take her mind off it. I know it's hard to just forget about it so in the meantime find something fun you can both do and just enjoy yourselves. Monday will come quick enough, we all know that.

Ya, thanks for confirming that. Rang her there and told her to calm down and that everything is going to be fine. I thought being at work would be enough to calm her down and get her mind off it but she is just one of those people that can get into a panic/upset about things very easily. Combine that with the LC, results, offers etc = not good!

Ya, thanks for confirming that. Rang her there and told her to calm down and that everything is going to be fine. I thought being at work would be enough to calm her down and get her mind off it but she is just one of those people that can get into a panic/upset about things very easily. Combine that with the LC, results, offers etc = not good!

Why not go shopping or whatever girls do? Buying anything you want would definately take ones mind off the CAO offers.:D

Why not go shopping or whatever girls do? Buying anything you want would definately take ones mind off the CAO offers.:D

I would but she works all fecking day practically! 10am-5pm in her dad's shoe shop then on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) she works in the shoe shop, leaves there at 5pm and heads down to work at an Indian till 11pm! And here I am lazying around all day at home!

I would but she works all fecking day practically! 10am-5pm in her dad's shoe shop then on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) she works in the shoe shop, leaves there at 5pm and heads down to work at an Indian till 11pm! And here I am lazying around all day at home!

At least she'll have the shoe shop to work in. Although having said that, you may not be so lucky.:pac::pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

If she's really on edge the points usually wind up online and on teletext at about 4am on Monday morning.

I think the newspapers tend to get them first I'll save her 2 hours of waiting

At least she'll have the shoe shop to work in. Although having said that, you may not be so lucky.:pac::pac::P

Haha, no need to worry about me, I'm too laid back! Sure I wasn't really worried about the LC at all, so much so that I was worried that I wasn't worried!

And I'll defo get my course, it was 385 last year and I got 490 so I'm well sorted:D

Thanks Craguls, I'll tell her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

we won't know the points for definite until monday but as regards nursing the careers guy on the radio yesterday said the points for nursing would definitely go up because the HSE had cut places from 1900 to 1500 and also there was a 14% rise in applicants. Actually (and you may want to keep this to yourself) he said 'nursing on monday would be a bloodbath'.

Perhaps as monday nears, gently ease her into the prospect that there are other options open so she doesn't completely flip out if the worst happens monday.

sorry i have no good news :(

Hmm, that doesn't sound too good! She said it was 370 last year I think and she got 425(which she wasn't happy with and is going to get 3 tests rechecked)

Hopefully she will be safe enough with that 55 point gap.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Advertisement