Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic / First Aider needed.

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I had a paramedic sorted for a small gathering or personages I am currently undertaking work for however his job roster means he now can't do it.

Anyone know any suitably qualified individuals who would be interested in earning a few quid as a nixer for sitting on their A-hole for a few hours on a Saturday night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

You'd want a paramedic tbh the first aiders can't do sheeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Give your local order of malta unit a shout, they will have somebody there who would be more than happy to do it for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Hi Mcgowaner. Tried them. They were exorbitant. Astronomical in price is what they were. Literally, over 50% of the budget for the entire event!

We had a guy who was adequately qualified for a fifth of their price. Thought we were sorted but then yer boy got stung with work, so back to the drawing board.

Just wondering if anybody can put me in touch with someone else who does this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I know a guy who could do it, ill get onto him.
    Anymore info that i can give him?
    eg. size of event, time maybe, location (roughly would do)
    If he is intrested ill pm you his number

They are expensive, we hired them out last year for an mma event, they wanted 300 euro to sit down for 3 hours. Only had to treat one guy

• Advertisement

I wouldn't expect someone with good experience / qualifications to sacrifice their Saturday night for nothing Raze. We're happy to pay if our needs are met.

Greenfly, I'll PM you, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

No problem, hope he can do it.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect someone with good experience / qualifications to sacrifice their Saturday night for nothing Raze. We're happy to pay if our needs are met.

Greenfly, I'll PM you, thanks for the reply.
    Oh i agree, But I think that the price is expensive, I would like it if they would actually offer 2 rates, one if they had to deal with an incident and a reduced one if they didn't. If that makes sense?

I see what you mean alright, but I still don't know about that. I would be of the opinion that you pay a qualified person for their time to be there, regardless of what happens. I think that's fair

We're happy to pay a decent rate for the individual(s) in question.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I see what you mean alright, but I still don't know about that. I would be of the opinion that you pay a qualified person for their time to be there, regardless of what happens. I think that's fair

We're happy to pay a decent rate for the individual(s) in question.

Completely agreed. Your also donating to improve the service, making it better and more helpful for others.

The order of malta is a great service, especially in Tramore where its pretty much a full time emergency service. You pay for what you get, regardless if used or not which is the same for anything pretty much.

What about the red cross?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi OP,

if you haven't got sorted yet PM me some details please as I know someone who might be able to help you.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

i work with a paramedic and he said he would be interested, i can email you his email address if thats any help, he is a good bloke and a good paramedic, well qualified.

PM Sent

I have emailed my work collegue and i will be talking to him tonight and hopefully he will be of some use. he is very good and would recommend.

Hi again.

just off the phone to my associate, who tells me we actually have a paramedic sorted now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me anyway Behan, sorry for wasting your time.

thats grand no bothers, if you ever come unstuck, let me know as i may be of some help.

Advertisement