Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IIS7 / Server 2008 FTP

• 13-08-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

A lil help for any boardsies who is IIS savvy here.

have a site, say call it www.rattle.ie, it runs a wordpress blog the folder of which is in wwwroot\rattle on the server that I manage.
    Now I want to update (via ftp), config and add plugins to the wordpress blog, but am getting stopped by permissions. I have to go into the server, right click the rattle folder and the wp-content folder and add the 'everyone' user and give them full permissions before I can actually do the upgrade (not my preferred option as it is a security issue.) This is even when I am using the admin login for ftp.

So basically in some ways while I do the FTP upgrade or date it doesn't seem to assign the admin user proper privalages to upgrade OR the admin user is taking its permission from some other group 1st. I can give more info if anyone asks, I just dont know what else to post at the moment.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms....probably more suitable for here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hi rmacm

Thanks for the move, I wasn't sure where to put it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

We use "subversion" to manage all our files... check it out. When we finish working on content locally, we do a "svn commit" which loads the new version of the stuff onto our backup server (somewhere in germany).

Then on the production server we just go to our directory that has been synched with this repository and do a "svn update" to get the latest versions of everything...

Very simple.

Check out www.hosted-projects.com for off-site subversion hosting. They're cheap.

What version of IIS are you using anyway?

Advertisement