Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why BMW parts more expensive at some dealers?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Been buying losts of parts lately but noticed one particular BMW dealer is always more expensive than the one I use to buy from.

I never bought from them since they are always more expensive but I got caught once after my mechanic already changed the faulty part and this particular dealer was his provider...They were 25 euro more expensive compared to my usual one, even without going through my mechanic...

I mean that's ok I suppose, people are free to set their own prices, but I would tend to think BMW dealers in the same country would have the same prices for parts.
    I am probably wrong.

I mean come on BMW parts are sometimes bloody expensive already so...

Any explanation?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Need to keep things afloat?

Anytime I need anything I find there's usually a bit of haggling room with parts departments. You could always try owners clubs/forums too. Anything I need comes from a dealer in the north now that is on a Seat site. 20% discount (off already cheaper uk price) and free postage knocks a lot of dealer prices for 6 down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

EPM wrote: »
    Need to keep things afloat?

Anytime I need anything I find there's usually a bit of haggling room with parts departments. You could always try owners clubs/forums too. Anything I need comes from a dealer in the north now that is on a Seat site. 20% discount (off already cheaper uk price) and free postage knocks a lot of dealer prices for 6 down here

Yeah North sound like a good plan, will check this out next time.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

For BMW parts these are very keen http://www.eurocarparts.com but you really only know after you get your price for shipping how much you are saving over the Irish equivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

mikewest wrote: »
    For BMW parts these are very keen http://www.eurocarparts.com but you really only know after you get your price for shipping how much you are saving over the Irish equivalent.

Hum nice one
    Some aftermarket parts but filters and O2 sensors, being Bosh like OE, are lot less expensive...Over 50%

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Do they not have unified pricing across all dealers??

I always found the 2 main BMW dealers in Dublin to be much the same on price... the main difference i found was that one was really friend and the other not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The North is the way to go, I bought 11 parts recently from Portadown BMW, price was €259.05. Irish price was €330.74.

Saving was €71.69, thats 22% less. And i'm the same distance from a southern dealer to Portadown so petrol doesn't come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Seen this before myself! Used to use a BMW dealer beside a certain motorway :rolleyes: before and they were alot more expensive than the other two! Was talking to the parts guy in one of the other ones and he was saying how they're undercutting everyone to get custom - good idea in this day and age!
    Just on a side note to this:

If dealers have different prices - people complain
    If the dealers prices are fixed - people complain and accuse price fixing,cartel etc

They can't win :p:D

Advertisement