Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three legged black cat, possibly lost

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

There's a three legged black cat hanging around one of the buildings here in Citywest. It appears lost as it is approaching everyone who goes past it. It isn't the greatest mover which leads me to believe it lost it's leg recently. It also appears domesticated, becasue as I say, it's approaching all and sundry.
    Anyone know of someone who may have lost it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

You should really try and catch him and put some posters up and advertise in local papers. I have a 3 legged cat and he can only b indoors as he wouldnt stand a chance against a dog etc. This poor fellow needs a bit of help if u can give it to him. Also he might b microchipped like our fellow is so if u could get a vet to check it. He is possibly a beloved pet who escaped his house and is at risk on his own
    You would really b saving his life by taking him in for a bit or by contacting the likes of Cats Aid or another welfare group if u cannot take him in
    Well done for caring:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

Just put a tin of cat food down for him in a secluded spot and he came to it straight away and started to wolf it down.
    I can't take him with me as herself is allergic. Even if I handle him, she will start sneezing when I get home.
    I'll ring Cat's aid and see if they can help.

Edit: Left a message with Cat's aid, but it seems they are not taking in cats at the moment due to a lack of demand for rehoming during the summer. I don't know if they could come and pick it up either

Maybe u could ring the DSPCA as well? Or if someone u know(friend or family)could take the cat in for a short while until a space became available in a rescue or u find its owners?
    I would b more conscious of helping this poor cat because of his/her disability.I re-iterate he/she is in way more danger because of it. I know i would b devastated if my poor kitty got lost like this one.
    Dont know if Call Me Socket is near Dublin but it would b worth pm'ing her and she might know of someone else nearby that could help. She does great work and is very nice and helpful. I'm in Limerick so i'm too far away unfortunately
    Keep up to date and let me know how things r going:)

Also maybe a local vet would have a record of his leg amputation if it looks recent.Does he have the area shaved?

Rang DSPCA and they will only accept the cat if it is brought to them.

And are u willing to do this? U would really b saving his life just by doing that and they at least could check him for a microchip.

• Advertisement

Sorry just spotted the comment bout your OH and allergies. Do u have a friend that could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There's a found advert up on lostandfound.ie for this cat from Tuesday - is that yours?

Just hoping that it's not and there's someone else in the area also looking out for him who might be able to take him to the dspca. :) I'd offer to foster him while a space was found but I can't go all the way to Citywest right now :/

hadook wrote: »
    There's a found advert up on lostandfound.ie for this cat from Tuesday - is that yours?

Just hoping that it's not and there's someone else in the area also looking out for him who might be able to take him to the dspca. :) I'd offer to foster him while a space was found but I can't go all the way to Citywest right now :/

That's him alright, but that's not my ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

That's him alright, but that's not my ad.

Can any one you know bring it to dspca? Poor thing really can't be left out there any longer and his best hope of being reunited with his owners is to be caught and brought to a shelter who can scan him and take care of him.

Was checking out d distance and its only 12km or 18mins from Citywest to Rathfarnham where the DSPCA is. Can anyone nearby take him there? Or i wonder if we rang the number on that website and ask that person if they would b willing to bring him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement