Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tel me about their personal experience with repeating? Is it more laid back, like are you treated as mature students? I think I might have to repeat and not looking forward to being lost on the first day :P (diff school)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I would assume if you're going back into a school (rather than say the institute for example) then it would be the same as it always has?
    You're in a school environment, you have to adhere to the rules like you always did. I don't see how you'd be treated much differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If it's a new school I'd imagine they would treat you like any other student. Fair f***s to you though, I couldn't hack another year in school. I'd rather a severe heroine overdose. If I had to repeat I'd be going straight away to sign up for Plunket College or Leeson Street (if I had the money!).

The idea of going back to school, putting on a uniform... ugh. I'd rather dig my eyes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nah where I went to school here they were strict as ****, the school I'm going to is the same town, but repeat students get treated diff. You don't need to wear uniform (altho rest of school does) and I'm informed that repeats go into a seperate class, usually repeats just get lobbed into ordinary LC classes and get told to **** off and do their own thing :/

It's only a year, not much to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

REPEAT!!!! it's only 9months and it will fly, trust me, been there done that! Got 410 last year and came up to 550 this year, so it really is worth it and will be a decision you will never regret so my advice is go ahead with it.... In my case i did feel treated more mature and there was more pressure on all the repeats in my school, but it will be all worth it in the end as you will realise your full potential and will have so much choice with regards careers and stuff. Dont think twice about it just repeat and all the best:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

My brother repeated back in 2005. He didn't go to the same school though. He went to a college that had places for repeat leaving certs so basically he was doing the L.C in a college enviroment.

He went from a 310 to a 385. Now he's doing a masters in history and should be finished in September. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement