Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get contacts in!

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

The opposite to another poster's problem - I've been to one teaching session and spent an hour at home trying to put one in. It's just not working. I'll twitch or blink at the last second, my eyes dry out so quickly when I'm holding them open that it's painful! I'm doing it according to the instruction leaflet. It's so frustrating. Has anyone had the same experience? Any tips on how to do it right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was like that when i first tried!
    I used a drop in each eye, just to get it wet / relaxed

It will get easier, I can lash them in without a mirror. Just make sure your hands are always clean and washed fully

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

TBH its more a mental thing getting them in. If u think/stress about it too much, ur eye is primed to blink before u get anywhere near it. Rub the lens against ur eye gently and u will feel how soft it is, in a day or two u will not even feel it after it goes in. I was a total baby about them BTW when i first started :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thanks all, I was stressing a bit about them. I'll get some drops and try again with a few of my brother's contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Still not working. Every time they get close to my eye I blink. I'm holding both eyelids firm and can but the contact on the eye but it just doesn't seem to 'stick' and gets blinked out. I know I'd doing something wrong but even my brother doesn't know what's wrong. I've tried pulling down my lower eyelid and pushing it in but no joy. Even tried having my brother holding my upper eyelid but he can hold on to it as my lashes are too curly and fine (and I'm a guy) to hold on to! HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Don't use a mirror. Just rest the lens on the tip of one of your fingers and lightly "press" it onto your eye. Use your free hand (over your head) to pull your upper eyelid up and use a spare finger from your hand with the contact lens in it to pull your lower eyelid down. Keep your eye wide open, Keep your finger pressed against your eye for 2-3 seconds and then let it go....

davej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

What i'm describing is done here, about 1min 20 secs into the video.

davej

Advertisement