Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't you out tonight?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

"Leaving Cert (76 viewing)"

So what's your reason for not going out tonight?

Oh and by the way, congrats to everyone who got their results today, one hell of an achievement! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Oh and by the way, congrats to everyone who got their results today, one hell of an achievement! :)

Getting results is an achievement???

Surely doing well in the exams is one hell of an achievement, going to the building where you have gone everyday for the last six years to collect an envelope is just a thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I don't actually know.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Getting results is an achievement???

Surely doing well in the exams is one hell of an achievement, going to the building where you have gone everyday for the last six years to collect an envelope is just a thing to do.

It's a generalisation - the whole process in general is what I was referring to...studying throughout the years, sitting the exams and going to the school today to collect them today...I didn't realise I had to be so exact, but clearly I do for some people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Everyone was going to SweahCode, not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I'm going into third year in uni...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Not in the mood for celebrating. I'm tired. I hate most of my year so I'm trying to avoid them. I'm going out on Friday so I'm also saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Well, we all went out last night anyway before the results so I'm pretty tired - decided I'd just chill out and come to terms with my results in the peace of my own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

To be honest going out is not the be all and end all after receiving your results.

When I went out for my LC results night two years ago town i.e Dublin was packed. Night club was a sweat box, idiots starting fights etc.

I had a good night but some people really do ruin it for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Because i've done my LC already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Was going to go out, but I don't drink often and wasn't in the mood of it. Friend had a BBQ, so I went to that. Most left to go to town but 7 of us stayed and had a great night. I'm hearing reports already of it being a **** night out in town anyway.

I'll probably go out somewhere local at the weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

cul-2008 wrote: »
    "Leaving Cert (76 viewing)"

So what's your reason for not going out tonight?

I was out n im bluuuuuuuueeee shampoooooo!!!!!The question is why u not out hahaha?Twas a good nyt now in fairness congratz everyone haha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im not out cos

i did bad and im repeating

scumbags ruin it for the rest

dublin is a bad place on a night like tonight

im a non alcoholic

and im in work in 3 hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

OneArt wrote: »
    Not in the mood for celebrating. I'm tired. I hate most of my year so I'm trying to avoid them. I'm going out on Friday so I'm also saving money.

That pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can't stand maybe 70% of the people in my year so seeing them twice getting completely drunk is enough for me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I didn't go out because I don't drink and I'll only be pressured to. That really annoys me :mad:
    There's some people in my year who I hate.
    I'm 17 and no places were allowing 17 year olds in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Larkin501 wrote: »
    I didn't go out because I don't drink and I'll only be pressured to. That really annoys me :mad:
    There's some people in my year who I hate.
    I'm 17 and no places were allowing 17 year olds in.

This,and also because I needed to have an important conversation with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You were probably better off staying in and maybe hanging with friends at home. One of my friends was in Dublin last night and he was in the queue for a night club for an hour. He said the place was packed, €20 in and there was no space to move.

Really doesn't sound worth it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Wish I didn't go out! It was kind of a bad night! Not worth the ****....

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i went to the pub with a good few out of my year to watch the ireland match.had 3 pints.with about 10 minutes left in the match everyone decided to go into town.i didnt bother,i dont have the time for nightlubs really plus i had a few cans at home waiting for me and ordered in a pizza.my da's mate was over as well from america.good nightin the pub and a good night at home with my family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

That_Guy wrote: »
    You were probably better off staying in and maybe hanging with friends at home. One of my friends was in Dublin last night and he was in the queue for a night club for an hour. He said the place was packed, €20 in and there was no space to move.

Really doesn't sound worth it IMO.

21's by any chance? 'Half da yer is her' is a message I got from someone I know. Apparently, a lot of my year were charged 20, whereas others were charged 12. A group of my friends got there really early too and still had to queue for 40 minutes.

Strangely enough, last night was the only time that I didn't have second thoughts about not going out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

i went to the pub with a good few out of my year to watch the ireland match.had 3 pints.with about 10 minutes left in the match everyone decided to go into town.i didnt bother,i dont have the time for nightlubs really plus i had a few cans at home waiting for me and ordered in a pizza.my da's mate was over as well from america.good nightin the pub and a good night at home with my family

That's the thing i'd be into as well.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Well You Didnt Miss Much!!:(

Galway Was B0ll0x

Everywhere was so full you couldnt move
    Worst night out ever and a total waste of money:mad:

Wish I Didnt feckin go out:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ilovemybed

I heard nothing but bad things about town last night.
    Crazy long q's even with prepaid tickets.
    Every club seemed to be a sweatbox too from what I was hearing.
    Personally I myself wasnt out because I did my exams last year and had a great night out last year. This year seemed to be very different.
    Anyone listening to Liveline earlier ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

ilovemybed wrote: »
    no i missed it, but i am now intrigued.... what were they talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Seems like perhaps I did the right thing by not going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Everyone welcome to the wonderful world of disappointment.

No matter how mad you think the night will be, it will be crap. On any "big" nights, i.e. end of exams, LC results, CAO offers, New years etc etc etc, you'll end up in some club where the drinks cost more than a small home and you can move about 1 nm in any one direction...

Anyhow, well done to those who got what they wanted and to those who didn't, there is always another way...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ilovemybed wrote: »

No, human beings should stay away from that sensationalist crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

No matter how mad you think the night will be, it will be crap. On any "big" nights, i.e. end of exams, LC results, CAO offers, New years etc etc etc, you'll end up in some club where the drinks cost more than a small home and you can move about 1 nm in any one direction...

This is so true. Big planned nights out are never any good. The best craic I have ever had we off the cuff nights when nothing was planned and I hadn't even indended going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

That depends, for me last night was CLASS. We have a refurbished new club (well it opened up a couple of months back) that can hold quite a few people. The town isn't massive either and so there were probably 2000 of us out celebrating among 2 main bars, a club and then other various smaller spots. The club was free if you made it there before 11:30 and only €5 afterwards. Great music, great atmosphere, not a huge crowd in a huge club and then bumping into old friends.

In saying that most other nights would have been ****e, the bars get packed because the club is expensive (€20 plus drinks, no thanks!).

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Just wondering did anyone have a savage night in town cause i did. Went to mates gaf then hit up town. Went 21's. Max 5 minutes in the queue?(c3 in higher english). 12 quid in. 3 euro drinks. Was freezing most of the night wreckin it under air con. All my year was there nearly. Had a ball great craic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dontlikeurmam

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Well You Didnt Miss Much!!:(

Galway Was B0ll0x

Everywhere was so full you couldnt move
    Worst night out ever and a total waste of money:mad:

Wish I Didnt feckin go out:mad:

No!...just no!!...Galway was very very good.Where did u go??

Taffes and Hole in the Wall was absolutly hoppin...althogh admitadly too many in towards the end. I've heard Sparch was poor...lotta guards?

An C.P'S last nite=Magic:D

Advertisement