Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Croma

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Anybody driven one of these before, looking to rent a car in Italy but not sure it will big enough for 5 adults plus baggage. It working out £322 for 8 day on auto-europe.co.uk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Have you any other choiches, please list them if you have so we can compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

A mondeo estate would be my other choice at £350.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The Croma being an estate ?

The Croma is nearly the same size as a Mondeo, but if you've got a good bit of gear you really would want the estate.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Michael Schmacher uses one as his daily apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

You'd have more room in the Mondeo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There's probably not much in the difference. The Mondeo is slightly longer but you sit higher in the Croma which is taller. There'll be little or no difference in the luggage capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Fiat boot is 500l, Mondeo's is 540 odd. But the tank in the Mondeo is bigger so it will give better range which could be handy if you plan a few long runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

why don't you look at the pictures and review on parkers.co.uk. looks more than big enough to me, especially the tall box shaped boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I think the Mondeo is working out a bit too pricey its coming in at nearly £400 when they add insurance, while the croma has it included for £322
    Thanks Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm not sure how familiar you are with car hire companies but you may not get the model you think you've booked. It's usually a case of Ford Focus or similar, you could get anything in the same class depending on what they've got in the yard at the time, you can often get upgrades if they have nothing in that class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Drove one of these briefly before. Not a bad car, similar to that of the 159.

Advertisement