Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incorporate a blog in a website

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

whats an easy way to have a blog in my website, what i want is that it will post the blog onto an existing page so that the page its on is of the same design as my site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Install Wordpress into a sub-directory and get somebody to create a matching theme for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Or even better, install Wordpress, create a theme for it that you like then use Wordpress to manage both your website and your blog! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭thecelt

from what i see you have to pay to use wordpress on your own domain? has anyone used blogger.com?

Since when is Wordpress a paid service? :S
    Wordpress.org

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭thecelt

this is a direct copy from the wordpress website,

The cost of redirecting your Wordress.com blog to your own domain will be $10 per year

• Advertisement

You totally missing the point there - wordpress.COM offers hosting for your blog for free, and for $10 a year allows you to point your domain to that hosted blog.
    wordpress.ORG distributes the source code, allowing you to host your blog yourself "for free" - you just pay for your hosting as you would have done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

I just did the same recently and it was much easier to integrate a blog into an existing website than I first thought. Check this link for a lot of help and in particular check out this series of articles. 3 hours of reading and away you go!!:D

Advertisement