Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

client updatable website

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

anyone know the easiest way to have a website that a client can update themselves? am looking for a solution that does not involve much programming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Look at CMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

cushycms joomla wordpress drupal are all cms's
    wordpress will be the most user friendly/non programming software
    What kind of site do ya need? business or personal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i see your other thread about a blog, you can incorporate one into a cms based site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

/sits back and waits for "how can I customise how the website looks on [insert name of cms here]?"

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

check out perch, it just needs a bit of php here and there. Remember though, as simple cms will only be good for simple content changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭thecelt

just trying to get back into webdesign, though i would ask some friendly advice on here on how to make a website updatable by user via cms easily and how to go about blogging easily,
    figured it would be better to be pointed in the right direction as opposed to mind bogginly going , where the hell should i start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress. All excellent pieces of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

thecelt wrote: »
    though i would ask some friendly advice on here on how to make a website updatable by user via cms easily and how to go about blogging easily,
    I've been using Wordpress recently and I am really liking it - it has a huge number of plugins available.

You could set up pages for the stuff that never or rarely changes and then use posts for your normal blogging. The blog does not have to be on the home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

My recommendation would be to look into Wordpress. Try setting up a and configuring a simple website. When you are happy with it try applying one of thousands of free templates to it to get the right look. Once you are happy with that check out http://codex.wordpress.org/Templates and learn how to create your own template.

Advertisement