Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you fail the LC ?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

did you fail the 2009 leaving cert ?

post your results if you wish and please do the poll.

let us know how many subjects you failed, what they are and percentages if you like.

people who passed all subjects are not welcome here ! ;)

no pressure to share how you did or anything... anybody taking the piss or slagging off others will result in a instant ban !

how many did you fail ? 12 votes

0% 0 votes
    66% 8 votes
    33% 4 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Failed OL maths and OL biology. I wasn't really arsed with biology, stayed in the exam about an hour because I knew it wouldn't be counted in my top 6. I couldn't do a lot of maths and was expecting a fail, and low and behold my worst fears were realized today!

Gonna have to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah now lads and lassies. You don't need to depress yourselves like this. Trust me, it's worth repeating to get what you want.

I'm sure you're all a lot more intelligent than what you give yourselves credit for. You just may have had a bad day in certain exams. It happens.

You'll have a much better idea of how to go about it next year should you choose to repeat. I know it's another year of school and study but you're more equipped to deal with the situation now so don't lose heart. You'll get there eventually and please don't put yourself down because you may not have done particularly well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and then go back into it with a new approach. You'll have a huge advantage to everyone else in the country because you now know what is expected and you can definitely achieve your goals without a doubt.

I know it's horrible to think of everyone else off in college but fcuk it, it's your life and you're the one in control of it so don't worry about anyone else except yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

C'mon I want to hear the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i failed hl chemistry
    two years of hard graft,extra classes,weekly grinds and revision courses and i still poxy failed it
    only subject i really wanted to do well in aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

failed HL Physics, but totally got lucky in HL Maths! Got a D3:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

You can't fail the Leaving Cert any more, just fail a subject. It's up to the colleges whether or not they deem a pass nessessary in the subjects like Maths or English.

Advertisement