Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futurama situtation

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭

Let's say it really came about that there was a way to actually freeze yourself for 1000 years. Would you take the chance or would you rather stay in the present and miss out on what new things the future holds. Of course you'd miss out on what new things the present holds but i'd just like to see what people would do.

I for one would seriously consider freezing myself to go into the future. I'm young and have nothing to lose from doing it so I would proberly do it. What about you guys?

Would you freeze yourself to go into the future? 35 votes

Yes I would do it
    0% 0 votes
    No I wouldn't
    71% 25 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    28% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Id do it if friends/family had all died or were doing it too. Would be a bit shít landing in the future without knowing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

What a way to celebrate your leaving cert results! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

if it means i get to meet a mechanical robot that insults me, drinks beer, and steals my money, im all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I wouldn't do it... but it's only because I've recently given birth and wouldn't like to miss out on my daughters life. If I was younger and childless I think I would do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Only after commiting a massive wave of crimes and offences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Somebody hold me back!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Would you like your eyes scooped out with a melon baller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

I'd do it when i am old.

In the future people will live forever, so i'll be rejuevenated when i'm woken up.

That way i get the best of both options without any of the bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Why bother, just wait for 2029 http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/human-v2-0/

Edit: got the link for the documentary website from the expand your horizons forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Knowing our luck we'd land smack bang in the middle of another Recession..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would have to put a grand in my bank account first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

No chance, imagine what it would be to wake up in the morning and realise that every single person you ever met has been dead for over 900 years? That's not even taking into account people you really care about, thats EVERY SINGLE person you've met since birth till now. Talk about depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I though loads of people foroze themselves in 1902 and thawaed out six months ago...? Would explain all the right-wing switch-hugging.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

weemcd wrote: »
    No chance, imagine what it would be to wake up in the morning and realise that every single person you ever met has been dead for over 900 years? That's not even taking into account people you really care about, thats EVERY SINGLE person you've met since birth till now. Talk about depressing.
    Well, if as perfect drug said, all your friends and family were either dead or doing it, then ya. What have ya got to lose like? If it I was told there was no way I would ever see tehm again though, no. I like the friends I have now. I don't want to have to make new ones a thousand years in teh future, where there's a chance the human race has been entirely wiped out anyway....

Advertisement