Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too late to apply for plc

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I had a meeting with my guidence counsellor before i left school. She told me PLCs were normally lax on the time you could sign up for them. Is it too late?
    Post edited by spurious on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

wolfric wrote: »
    I had a meeting with my guidence counsellor before i left school. She told me PLCs were normally lax on the time you could sign up for them. Is it too late?
    You're probably fine for all but the most popular ones, but start sorting it out now. With results out, many people who may not have got the points they wanted will start to look at this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Any idea where i might find a useful website for listing/instructions? I lost all my leaving cert extra important "do not loose" stuff after i finished the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It's not too late, I'm expecting an influx of applications for our course in the next week.

Go onto Qualifax and click find a course. Select Fetac Level 5 and a list of schools centres will come up.

Alternatively, look up your local VEC's website. Many of the colleges will let you download an application form or fill one in online.

Have some passport photos and a good few copies of your results for the applications.

Good luck.

wolfric wrote: »
    Any idea where i might find a useful website for listing/instructions? I lost all my leaving cert extra important "do not loose" stuff after i finished the leaving cert.
    It would help if you told us where you are! :P

On the basis that most people who don't feel the need to mention location are usually in Dublin, this list of colleges may be a good starting point.

Your school guidance counsellor, if around, would also be useful to speak to.

Also CDVEC have a guidance service ... details here.

kildare/dublin area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

What is it you're interested in? We could be here all day listing courses for you to do... I done a brilliant Photography and Journalism course in Marino College 2 years ago.

www.marinocollege.ie

computers (or anything related).

Edit: went back over previous post missed the first college list and just clicked the pdf so i'm looking over that college list now. Is that a complete/official list?

If you mean the one I posted, it's a list of City of Dublin VEC schools / colleges offering FE (Further Education).

There would be other non-VEC colleges in Dublin offering courses, and both VEC and non-VEC ones in Kildare as well.

Seriously, a chat with a guidance counsellor who would be familiar with both local options and the kinds of things you're interested in would be a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement