Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

We have the church booked for October 3rd for our daughters christening and had planned on Clohessy's for the afters. They rang us today and said they cant let us have the back room on that day as there is a Magners League game on(Munster v Leinster). Could someone throw up some suggestions for decent places around town?
    All i want is decent food, drink and music on the night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

try the HI-WAY they take bookins for everything, they use the restaurant for parties etc you can your have your have own area and the music is free as there is usually a band in on friday,sat, sun... been to a 21st there about 20 to 30 people and you can order the food to your needs, they have different menus set up but you can pick and mix. alan is the manager is in charge and good luck on the day and congrats on your baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Another alternative is the Horse and Hound on upper william street. Plenty of parking in the evening. they will give you the private room with staffed bar for free, you only pay for the food 5euro a head. the food is a mix of hot and cold. Not sure of the mangers name but my ma had her 50th there and it was a great night. big enclosed smoking area between the bar and function room so noone gets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for the horse

Also bobby byrnes on o connell ave.

Forgot Jerry O Deas have a nice function room

• Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was at the afters of a Christening in the Clarion a few years back, finger food was served and it was excellent.

Bobby Byrnes' might have the same problem as the Claws becasue of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

my sister had one in smyths bar recently the food was very nice and we had our own section and everything im not sure how much it was though, worth looking in to

• Advertisement
Advertisement