Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keys Stuck in drivers door

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Turned key in lock and doors unlocked as you would expect. Both windows came down & then key would not come out. Tried all common sense things, (attempted to use manual handles while jimmying key, moved it up and down, wd40 etc) but no joy. HAd to get my aul lad to come out with spare to see if it would reset anything...it didn't. My final brainwave was to try spare in passenger door and lo and behold it too is stuck!!

Any idea on cost of locksmith replacing locks etc?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What car is it?

I would try disconnect the car battery and see if that works, also try using the lock/unlock button inside the drivers door if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like a VW

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

Sorry, 01 VW Polo..

Electric windows but no central locking. When you turn key the driver & passenger side open.

I removed the fuses for the locking system, would that have same effect as battery unplug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

ASBO wrote: »
    Sorry, 01 VW Polo..

Electric windows but no central locking. When you turn key the driver & passenger side open.

I removed the fuses for the locking system, would that have same effect as battery unplug?

I'd disconnect the battery for a minute or two, then try, if no joy try again with the battery reconnected. You might need a code for the radio though with the battery disconnected, if you don't have one maybe don't risk it, then again leaving your car with the keys in the doors ain't good either.

Advertisement