Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inventor Issues

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there, a few posts on this and other sites have spurred me to ask this question: How big an obstacle is price and complexity to inventors filing a patent application?
    The UKIPO has a great online application service which costs the applicant £30 for a basic filing, the patent spec needs to be in PDF format and thats about it. You need a UK address for service though, the Irish Patent Office needs to get a similar system up an running asap.
    http://www.ukipo.com/types/patent/p-os/p-apply-online/p-apply-online-uk-filingsystem/p-apply-online-uk-checklist.htm
    I used it recently for my diaper recycling invention, and now I am testing the enterprise support systems to see what I can do next with it. Just a thought.

Comments

Patentnav wrote: »
    Hi there, a few posts on this and other sites have spurred me to ask this question: How big an obstacle is price and complexity to inventors filing a patent application?
    The UKIPO has a great online application service which costs the applicant £30 for a basic filing, the patent spec needs to be in PDF format and thats about it. You need a UK address for service though, the Irish Patent Office needs to get a similar system up an running asap.
    http://www.ukipo.com/types/patent/p-os/p-apply-online/p-apply-online-uk-filingsystem/p-apply-online-uk-checklist.htm
    I used it recently for my diaper recycling invention, and now I am testing the enterprise support systems to see what I can do next with it. Just a thought.

I could be wrong but I dont think price and complexity are issues more so the underlying reasons your product is different, different enough in its design or delivery that you should have the right to take advantage of the clever thinking behind your idea/invention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Patentnav

I could be wrong but I dont think price and complexity are issues more so the underlying reasons your product is different, different enough in its design or delivery that you should have the right to take advantage of the clever thinking behind your idea/invention

Not really what I was getting at, the inventing is difficult but then the inventor needs to protect the invention and some feed back I have received previously indicated that the cost and complexity of the patent process is a deterrent, as well as the difficulty in getting the invention onto shelves, licensing etc.

Advertisement