Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website hack

Options
  • 12-08-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

hi

a friend of mine got an email saying something about a bank statement online, my friend went in to the website and came the following:

THIS SERVER HAS BEEN HACKED. NEVER CLICK ON THESE KIND OF LINKS!! -- HV ~ Belial.
    THIS IS A PHISHING SITE. THIS SERVER WAS EXPLOITED!. -- MuNk.

IF YOU CLICKED THIS LINK YOU WHERE FOOLED! LEAVE NOW!!!!

- thank you so called hackers for leaving this shell script up for me and belial to remove it asap, you are scum and got what you deserved.

we share the same computer (mostly) and i think the above is what the hackers did.

what should my friend do?

thanks tim

-not sure if this belongs here, feel free to move it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I don't fully understand.

Was your friend's server hacked?

Or did he just visit a website which was hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Tim M-U wrote: »
    what should my friend do?

As the site says, he should "NEVER CLICK ON THESE KIND OF LINKS!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sounds like the scammers had their server hacked.

Tell him not to be a prat next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

it was an email and apperantly it said in the email that your statement whatever is available online at this website. (for your records its egg in the uk).

my friend used to be in the uk and when came to ireland, my friend changed email.

is there a number my friend can phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Tim M-U wrote: »
    is there a number my friend can phone

To do what, exactly?

Tell your friend to stop clicking on links in any e-mails he receives. Or at least, to copy the link into notepad and to look at it to see if it's real.

For example, if the link looks something like the following it is fake:

http://www.egg.com.asddfsdfsdf.com/whatever

Note the bit directly before the .com is what's important. As you can see, asddfsdfsdf.com is not egg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Whats with this guy....i can't stop laughing. Just add those emails to his spam folder. You should never just read any weird emails and DO AS IT SAYS. most of them are just spam with a link. Our servers are very secure so all our clients are never getting spam as we are watching out for this kind of thing.

For future references, tell your friend to stop subscribing to all the newsletters etc.

Advertisement