Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Student

Options
  • 12-08-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hiyas,
    just wondering what the biology book is for the leaving cert in 2010??
    Am looking to repeat biology externally and need to know the book!!!

also... i cant remember... its been a few years since ive done it!... but
    is there a practical exam for biology.. like a project or is it all theory??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ring up the local school nearest to you and ask them what the book was for 5th year because they'll most likely be retaining the same book.

Also make sure you get some Biology exam papers so that you can test yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

Hi... just wondering if anyone on here has repeated, or will be repeating the LC externally?? whether its one or more subjects.

Wondering if you have any information on it, whether you are going through your old school, or doing the study and prep yourself??
    anything at all would be great!

i sat my LC in 2006. Im only looking to repeat one but im a tad confused as to how to go about it.
    I know i have to apply through examination.ie but im not sure whether i have to let my school know or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

metoyou wrote: »
    Hi... just wondering if anyone on here has repeated, or will be repeating the LC externally?? whether its one or more subjects.

Wondering if you have any information on it, whether you are going through your old school, or doing the study and prep yourself??
    anything at all would be great!

i sat my LC in 2006. Im only looking to repeat one but im a tad confused as to how to go about it.
    I know i have to apply through examination.ie but im not sure whether i have to let my school know or something.

Ring the school and ask them about it. I'm sure they'll tell you all you need to know. Simple. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you wouldn't necessarily have to do the exam in your old school. any centre that takes externals would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

(Merged these as the information will probably cross over, plus saves checking two threads)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no one book.
    The guide to what may be on the exam is the syllabus, not any text book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

ehhh i know that! i was just asking what book was being used in class!
    whether it was a diff one from when i was there
    turns out its the same book anyway just a revised edition!
    best start studying!!!

Advertisement