Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop training courses

Options
  • 12-08-2009 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good Photoshop training courses in Limerick (if before end of Summer) or Dublin (if after that).

I'm hoping for an intensive one that'll give me the run down in a day or two as opposed to a course that goes on for a weeks.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Try Youtube dude! And you can't go wrong with google. There's tons and tons of video tutorials out there for free.

Granted you can't ask a video questions or get feedback from it, but it's free and you can do it from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Like A Fox wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know of any good Photoshop training courses in Limerick (if before end of Summer) or Dublin (if after that).

I'm hoping for an intensive one that'll give me the run down in a day or two as opposed to a course that goes on for a weeks.

Thanks!

OP,

I did a college course in Cork over 24 weeks last year in PS, which was incorporated into a basic digital phtography course (or vice versa).

My advice is, have a basic knowledge in PS before you do an intensive course otherwise you will be very confused. It can be very complex but having a basic knowledge does help.

After that, the internet, books & speaking with other PS users gets me by. There are some great books available on Amazon etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

Thanks Trojan!

I've already covered a few basics in PS as part of a multimedia course, but now I'm working part-time for a small office where the boss is thinking it'd be handy for me to be able to do more PS stuff for him. I'd be doing things like trying to generate "after" shots of buildings that we'd be tendering to renovate. He's willing to send me on the course and although the online tutorials sound good, I just don't wanna bite off more than I can chew since it's a work thing.

Though if it was my own messing around with my own photos, I'd definitely be doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Like A Fox wrote: »
    Thanks Trojan!

I've already covered a few basics in PS as part of a multimedia course, but now I'm working part-time for a small office where the boss is thinking it'd be handy for me to be able to do more PS stuff for him. I'd be doing things like trying to generate "after" shots of buildings that we'd be tendering to renovate. He's willing to send me on the course and although the online tutorials sound good, I just don't wanna bite off more than I can chew since it's a work thing.

Though if it was my own messing around with my own photos, I'd definitely be doing them.

Sounds like a great job there & getting sent on the course is a bonus. The online tutorials are great but nothing is better than having a live instuctor at your disposal..

All the best with what you decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

If you have iTunes then there are also Podcasts you can download, "Photoshop For Digital Photographers" or "Understanding Adobe Photoshop". They're both free too.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well http://www.bigwavemediatraining.ie/index.php do photoshop courses over 3 days.

Its not gonna tell you everything, but would get you used to the main tools anyway. There is an 'essential' 2 day, and an 'advanced' 1 day course you can do also, though not sure how 'advanced' it goes.

The class sizes are generally quite small, and the instructors are good.

Advertisement