Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actraiser

Options
  • 12-08-2009 2:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Finished this at the weekend. It's a pretty weird game. It's basically a mix between a fairly average rastan clone and a very basic sim city clone that when added together becomes a very compelling and worthwhile game. Basically as a god you move your sky fortress around the make before flying down to earth and kicking demon butt. When they are all dead people can start living in the area you cleansed and so starts sim level where you control the development of the city while killing demons that try to set you back. After you reach a certain point of the simulation section you have to head back down to the land to finally cleanse the land in another platforming section. The better you do in the sim levels higher you level up for the 2D levels. The game is pretty easy and short but great fun to play, althought the boss gauntlet at the end will be frustrating for more cackhanded gamers. It's well worth playing, looks very good for such an early SNES game and has a great soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro. There was a sequel for the SNEs that is one of the best looking snes games but is nowhere near as good supposedly since it got rid of the simulation modes. Haven't been able to try it since it crashes the emulator I have on the Wii.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Well just goes to show that there is alot to be said for using the original console!

I do have a bit of an agenda here though.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still it looks better in 480p :P I'll have to try a newer verison of the emulator of a different rom dump and see if it makes a difference.

At least someone is showing some interest in actraiser :/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

Well as a Snes fanboy I don't really get a choice do I? :rolleyes: I'm disappointed in someone calling themselves retrogamer using an emulator though :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My snes has a broken power cable, I already have 5 consoles taking up all the room in my room not including a box with another 7 consoles in it and I'm kind of broke so can't really be buying games on ebay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

loved actraiser all those years ago..got an import version while in the states when it was first out...what an amazing soundtrack.

• Advertisement
Advertisement