Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park and ride Dublin (Luas)

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

sis going to tipp v limerick sunday , wants to park and take the luas in. problem is last time she could not find the way in , no signs to way in ?
    any one being there lately that might have simple directions to get in to the park and ride area , this would be a great help , thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

bogwarrior wrote: »
    sis going to tipp v limerick sunday , wants to park and take the luas in. problem is last time she could not find the way in , no signs to way in ?
    any one being there lately that might have simple directions to get in to the park and ride area , this would be a great help , thanks :)

What park and ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

What park and ride?

I'd say she means the park 'n' ride at the Red Cow as that is the road on which most people would approach Dublin from Tipp or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

some where before the red cow roundabout there is a place to park your car and get the luas into town (dublin) as far as i know this is called park and ride as in you park your car and ride the luas in to dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amston

If it's the Red Cow Park and Ride and she's coming from the N7 direction....

Keep in the left lane as you come through the traffic lights at Newlands Cross. After a few hundred meters (you'll pass by the restaurant and Fitzgerald Hotel there) this lane veers off to the left. Take this left lane and follow the road around. At the first roundabout take first exit and at second take first exit also. This will bring her into the carpark...

Hope that's clear !

hi amston that sounds clear enough to me , ill let her know and see what she thinks , thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Exactly as the man before said but just be careful to take the road off to the left as soon as you pass by Joels and the ouis Fitz hotel. It is before the left lane for the M50 and if you dont take it from the start you are seperated by a barrier and you can't get across. So really yo are just staying as far left as you can as you come through Newlands Cross and going left as soon as the lane appears after Joels restraunt.

TBH it's way more easier and better signposted than it was a while ago, but then again us Cats are up that way a bit more often :D

Another option which has become very popular for matches is to head across to either Maynooth or Lexlip, park there in the station and take the commuter train in. You get dropped off in Drumcondra outside Quinn's. Didn't even know there was a station there until a year or so ago.

Can't tell you what times etc but must be very regular as it's become very popular for people driving up to games from the South. Have never taken it myself as I commute down the way for games now on the Enterprise. Nothin like a few cans on the early morning train before a game. A bargin at €5.85!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Regular trains leave Maynooth at:
    10:30; 11:36; 12:30; 13:35 and 14:35 taking 33 minutes.

Return services ex-Drumcondra at:
    17:41; 18:41 and 19:41

There *may* be extra services at:
    12:00; 13:00 and 14:00

Possible extra services from Drumcondra at:
    17:10; 17:50 and 18:10

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amston

cargo wrote: »
    Exactly as the man before said

I ain't no man! ha ha

Amston wrote: »
    I ain't no man! ha ha

woops!!!! sorry!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

nice map here showing you how to get into the p&r

http://www.luas.ie/page.php?name=Red_Cow_Car_Park_Red_Line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Doing this myself on Sunday for the first time ever driving into Dublin as I am sick of getting raped by Iarnrod Eireann €72 for a match special is just not on especially when there is a few of us travelling up for the Kerry - Meath game. I have driven to Maynooth before but I reckon it is quicker to drive to the Red Cow Park & Ride as it is a pain after getting off the Motorway going through the wilds of Kildare to get from Naas to Maynooth.

How much capacity is there in the Red Cow Park & Ride? I'd hate to land in there only for it to be full, also how is security? I've heard stories of the local knacks damaging cars there especially on match days, is there a security presence?

Finally I have attached a screenshot from Google Earth is this the turn off after Fitzgerald's Hotel? (it is signed on the; Monas Rd, Buses and Access only, monas being the Monastery Road I assume?)

Has the flyover been built as it doesn't appear on Google Earth but the imagery is from last November?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah thats the turnoff alright. As I said you just keep left past Joels and you will merge into the "service lane" coming from Joels.

Yeah the overbridge is now there and operational.

This announcement on m50.ie would still be accurate for accessing the P&R from the Naas direction.

www.m50.ie/index.php?page=29-11-08-layout

hi , these directions are spot on , if you look on the road you will see luas writen on it , might be a bit more help .
    it think the capacity is 400 cars , only heard this so not fully sure .
    there is security , of types . if they want a car they will get it .:mad:
    4 euro to park and 4 euro for the luas ,well so the sister said .
    i would say to get there as early as you can ,hope your lucky .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

cargo wrote: »
    Yeah thats the turnoff alright. As I said you just keep left past Joels and you will merge into the "service lane" coming from Joels.

Yeah the overbridge is now there and operational.

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering are these directions from the south to the Red Cow park & ride still applicable? ( I haven't been to Dublin in years).
    Also how full does it get? Will be travelling on a Saturday so I hope to be there about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jgbyr wrote: »
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering are these directions from the south to the Red Cow park & ride still applicable? ( I haven't been to Dublin in years).
    Also how full does it get? Will be travelling on a Saturday so I hope to be there about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
    Thanks.
    there is now also a park and ride at Cheeverstown, turn off the Naas road at the Maldren hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Thanks for that. Its further out though isn't it. I really don't know my way around Dublin so that why I was looking at the Red Cow p&r as it looks to be just off the main route from the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jgbyr wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Its further out though isn't it. I really don't know my way around Dublin so that why I was looking at the Red Cow p&r as it looks to be just off the main route from the south.
    Cheeverstown is just off the Naas road also and not as full as the Red Cow car park. you also avoid any heavy traffic going up past New Lands Cross and the M50 interchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Any idea how quick the park and ride fills up on a match day. I am thinking of using it on Sunday next (April 29th)?

Advertisement