Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Else Worried?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

"On 22 July 2009, the Director-General of the Central Statistics Office (CSO), Mr. Gerard O'Hanlon, and the Chairman of the Revenue Commissioners (Revenue), Ms. Josephine Feehily, signed a Memorandum of Understanding covering enhanced data cooperation between the two Offices. The signing took place in Dublin Castle and was attended by a number of senior managers from both Offices." - CSO Website

....which to me means that the previously autonomous white-hat mathematicians in Cork are now the revenue investigators. A recent initiative is being promoted as a survey of employment. And yet the questions being asked include "is this your main residence" and "is that house next to you vacant", probably because of the new resident tax coming our way.

I am actually looking for someone to tell me I am wrong in my assumption here, as the development has just freaked me out. I am left actually feeling sorry for the CSO.

As I said, intereted in opinions.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Giant who cares- take it to conspiracy forum to be honest.

There's no personal info being passed just stats. It's a GOOD thing that the Revenue will have these statistics. Wish there was more joined up thinking between government departments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scartman

Thanks Mr. I. I was actually hoping you were going to say something like that.

Apologies if post had conspiracy overtones, wasn't my intention.

Advertisement