Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100s of fake links to my site

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I have two sites put into google webmaster tools. One is a drupal based site and another a joomla based site. One is private and the other is a proper business site (no e-commerce). I have the sites in twice, with and without the "www". In the stats without the www at the front of the address there's hundreds of links to the site linking to addresses that don't exist. On both sites they have the same addresses (after the domain). Examples are,

/administrator/backups/pocket-hack-master-4.20.html
    /administrator/backups/ali-larter.html
    /administrator/backups/breath-of-fire-gba.html
    /administrator/backups/crack-easy-dvd-copy-3.5.2.html

I've gone into that folder on both sites and none of these addresses exist so I don't think I've been hacked I'm more worried about getting on the wrong side of google with all these dodgy links going to the sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Check the .htaccess files and your index pages

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I checked the htaccess and index.php files against the local versions and they seem identical, although I don't know what I should be looking for. I'm only checking on the business site (joomla) at the moment, the two site are in no way linked or related other than they have the same hosting company.

I seen that under crawl errors google has all the links listed as "URL restricted by robots.txt" whatever that means, does google know there bocus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Be sure to scroll down the htaccess files to the end; on one or two occasions I've seen hundreds of blank lines added to them so that the dodgy code isn't immediately visible.

Checked htaccess in visual web developer 2008 and there's 68 line in the file. only 3 blank ones. index.php has 89 lines with only one blank line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement