Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

babysitter rates

Options
  • 12-08-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Im looking to find out how much you pay your babysitter. New mother here and dont have a clue what teenagers charge this day and age.
    Im living in Waterford city on the Old Tramore Rd and trying to find a reliable sitter to do the occassional evening/night for us. I have a 7 month old baby girl who sleeps like a log.
    But whats the going rate?
    If anyone knows of an experienced teenager looking to make the few odd bob in the Wateford area please get back to me. Dont have any family or many friends in the area so contacts are low!
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I don't think you have the right forum Orlaith. This is for prices/costs that are construction related.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Definitely not for this forum unless you are into buying and selling babies and using them to seal up draughts in order to comply with Part L, Building Regulations :eek:

Moved to Waterford City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

or try the parenting forum, im not in Waterford, but the base rate (ie the lowest amount that teenagers would accept) is about 5 an hour, between 5-10 is the norm, giving a bonus if you return really late at night, or returning much later than you said,
    There are exception to this rule, obviously, some people will accept less than €5 an hour, but thats about what i'd receive ..hope i helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

A few years back when I used to use a babysitter I used to pay €7 - €8 per hour to the teenage boy next door. At the time other teenagers were charging €8 - €10 per hour. Some charged €12 per hour after midnight. I don't know what the current rate is.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am going to move this the the parents forum, you may get more replys from there also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Hi Orlaithc9, I have sent you a PM :)

Advertisement