Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greener Homes Scheme Grants (Sustainable Energy Ireland)

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just want to find out has anybody applied for the grants for the greener home scheme. My wife and i are renting and we'd like to reduce the heating bills (which are already minimal) by installing a wood chip stove. I have access to pallets/wood etc for burning so why not make the most of it.

There is so much literature on the SEI website that it's slightly confusing. Can anybody tell me if they've gone with this scheme? Also might be interested in installing solar panels but again this is unfamiliar territory for me.

We're only renting the property so I presume I'd have to get the landlord to apply for the scheme. Is this allowed I wonder (the landlord get a grant for his/her rented property?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Wasn't asking about shearing sheep lads. Anyway there's nothing wrong with that. It's like cutting your hair. It grows back again and plus it's a necessity.

So, by installing a wood chip burner, I'd be reducing my bills and it's more energy efficent than the gas we have in the house. My family have one in the living room and they use very little timber. They're natural also. Man has been burning wood for centuries. Don't think God gave it to us just to admire.

God bless,

Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

To be honest unless you've a very decent landlord they probably won't be interested as it's a cost to them with no benefit. It reduces your bills not theirs. if they agree to it then why not?

There are plenty of threads on here about solar panels, a quick search should help you there.

Advertisement