Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS?? Urgent help

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

It says on the UCAS site that if you sit certain exams the results are automatically sent to the university, leaving cert being one of them.

Who sends UCAS the results? And are they definitely sent to the uni etc etc.

Because I have no idea whether the school are meant to forward them on or what.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

It says on their site that they do?
    I was just unsure. http://ucas.com/resultsandnextsteps/confirmation/results

I wanted to make absolutely sure that they would be sent on.

Okay I rang the Uni and the guy on the line had no idea.
    Who sends UCAS the results? How do they know I have applied through UCAS?
    I'm seriously panicking my results aren't being sent through..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Okay I rang the Uni and the guy on the line had no idea.
    Who sends UCAS the results? How do they know I have applied through UCAS?
    I'm seriously panicking my results aren't being sent through..

You should be out having a good time!!

What you should do if in doubt is go onto the UCAS site, and get the email addresses (or fax no's if you have a fax machine at home) and fax/email them over to the uni's you applied to.

Worry about hard copies on Monday. They won't be expecting your results so soon anyway. It will take them at least a week to input all that data, so you can more or less say you have a weeks grace. But either try tomorrow or Monday. Not now!! Have a beer!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I sent a photocopy of my results with a stamp from the school on it

I was out actually, not into getting pissed or watching people make fools of themselves.
    More concerned I'm gonna miss out on offers because the internet has answers for NOTHING for this issue.
    Dept. of Education and Science apparently forward results to UCAS, but how do they know who has applied to UCAS, etc, etc..

• Advertisement

Okay, get in touch with Dept of Education first thing in the morning.

Also get in touch with the uni's involved, and send them some form of proof of the results, a photocopy in the post, a fax, scan an email etc... Also provide them with the contact details of the Dept of Edu.

I honestly don't mean this in a patronising way, but this system has been going on years now, and I'm sure it is organised. What I would say, in my opinion is the case, is that UCAS are aware that when dealing with foreign students from Ireland, that they have to get in touch with the Dept of Edu.

I would imagine UCAS will get in touch with our Dept, and then the Dept will forward on the results.

But you are right to be curious, and by all means call up in the morning. There is no way you will miss out on your place, the results only came out today. You will be fine, but I know how you feel.

Congrats by the way

How'd it go for ya??

Sent an email direct to the Uni, at least the person I contacted today knew what was going on. Told me results were sent automatically but that I could email my results to him and he'd make sure it was in the right place. So I did, and now I know they're at least over there :P Worry over,

Thanks for asking :)

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Sent an email direct to the Uni, at least the person I contacted today knew what was going on. Told me results were sent automatically but that I could email my results to him and he'd make sure it was in the right place. So I did, and now I know they're at least over there :P Worry over,

Thanks for asking :)

Thats great! Panic over, enjoy uni!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Oops I forgot about my UCAS application. :lol:

• Advertisement
Advertisement