Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we exported our Scum?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

There's an interesting thread running in the Limerick County forum about a massive spike in theft/house break-ins in the recent past. LINK

Seems to be feck all break-ins happening in Limerick City and suburbs recently......Have we really exported that many of our Scum into the County?

And if so why can't Limerick Gardaí respond to 999 emergency calls for help? LINK

Do we need to start locking the Garda Station doors for the duration of their shifts to encourage them to police the Streets???

Lazy Fcuks :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I've said it before and I will say it again that "Regeneration" will go down as one of the greatest scams ever pulled by Limerick City Council. They have shifted there problems off onto the Limerick, Clare and Tipperary County Councils and with no money in the pipeline it will stay that way for many years to come.

All the while these vermin will continue to breed, and introduce their off-spring into these new areas, settle there and won't have any intention of moving back into the city. Moving these scaumbags to areas that only have 9-5 local garda cover is crazy. The bloody ERU can't even control them in the city, what hope does Srgnt. Spud Murphy on his own in a barracks in west Limerick have?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Look at it this way.

Garda stations in the small villages close in the evenings and even Newcastlewest uses backup from Henry St at night so if you were considering robbing a house you would break into a house in the rural areas because the response time would be so slow you could casually wander about the house, alarm or no alarm.

In these recessionary times people get more desperate for easy money and WHEN the government reduces social welfare allowances people will get even more desperate.

Buy your house alarms now people! :cool:

Berty wrote: »
    Look at it this way.

Garda stations in the small villages close in the evenings and even Newcastlewest uses backup from Henry St at night so if you were considering robbing a house you would break into a house in the rural areas because the response time would be so slow you could casually wander about the house, alarm or no alarm.

In these recessionary times people get more desperate for easy money and WHEN the government reduces social welfare allowances people will get even more desperate.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Hopefully Gardai can catch these pups in the county and the courts can hand down some stiff suspended sentences.;)

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Aha but the house alarm in itself is a deterent. If you and your neighbour are both semi detached and you have the alarm. The chances are they will break into your neighbours house.

BTW, Alarm box's(AKA Fake Alarms box's on the walls of houses) are illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How so........ link to back this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Aha but the house alarm in itself is a deterent. If you and your neighbour are both semi detached and you have the alarm. The chances are they will break into your neighbours house.

its also illegal to seriously harm an intruder but to what extent would 'self defence' come into it?

What the scumbags moved out to the county are doing is exchanging info with scum moved to other rural parts. Take east and west Limerick. The new local scum living in the west stake out the properties and gather info, no. of people living in the house, times they go to work etc and pass this onto the scum in the east. The scum in the east then come along to carry out the job. They in return provide similar info to the scum in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

Look at it this way.

Only problem with some alarms is once they're set off and ring out, the alarm is then unset and the house can be broken in to. This is a common trick used by robbers, because people in estates etc are so used to Alarms sounding all the time now that they pay them no attention. They're just a deterent and an inconvenience to the scumbags.

What you want manning the back garden while you're out is a vicious b*****d of a dog that would chew the balls off any scumbag that would attempt to even climb the fence. It's the best solution by far. CCTV wouldn't be a bad idea either, as things are going that way now unfortunately. Or you could always contract Padraig Nally as a security guard :cool:

mikom wrote: »

Ask T&A Alarms. They are ones who told me this when installing my alarm.

They also said that ALL alarms must have the logo of the installer. It cannot be blank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Only problem with some alarms is once they're set off and ring out, the alarm is then unset and the house can be broken in to. This is a common trick used by robbers, because people in estates etc are so used to Alarms sounding all the time now that they pay them no attention. They're just a deterent and an inconvenience to the scumbags.

What you want manning the back garden while you're out is a vicious b*****d of a dog that would chew the balls off any scumbag that would attempt to even climb the fence. It's the best solution by far. CCTV wouldn't be a bad idea either, as things are going that way now unfortunately. Or you could always contract Padraig Nally as a security guard :cool:

No point. They will just steal your dog aswell

Really......... in that case I have some land I would like to sell you. It's available for viewing once the tide is out.

Really......... in that case I have some land I would like to sell you. It's available for viewing once the tide is out.

When installing my alarm is what I SAID. :rolleyes:

The salesman already sold me the alarm weeks beforehand. These guys(installers) had nothing to gain by making up stories.

No need to be a smart arse. :mad:

When installing my alarm is what I SAID. :rolleyes:

The salesman already sold me the alarm weeks beforehand. These guys(installers) had nothing to gain by making up stories.

No need to be a smart arse. :mad:

No bother..... it's just you stated it so confidently that I thought it was written somewhere by a reputable body to add credence to it.

You're right the installers had nothing more to gain from you........... but the people who hear/read the tale of the illegal dummy box is a different story.

You're right the installers had nothing more to gain from you........... but the people who hear/read the tale of the illegal dummy box is a different story.

I did look on the http://www.psa.gov.ie website which is the only one I can find. There is not much info on this other than licensing requirments and such and I'll be damned if I am trawling through the Irish statute book for it because I wont lose much sleep on the matter.

I have a real burglar alarm so hope it puts Joe scumbag off robbing my house a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Ask the people in murroe how scummy its gone there in the last 3 years,not just regeneration/hse free houses,just now the scum can buy and rent private.The last week gone the IRA had to chase out a number of people from Abbeyfeale and ive heard that from a number of people

Also do a google and you'll see how many Limerick scumbags are in Shannon,if you read the local papers the last year i can recall at least 5 cases of limerick scum now living in Shannon,and 4 of the 5 in the same housing estate,one with the new irish name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

BVB wrote: »
    No point. They will just steal your dog aswell

not my dog, we had uninvited visitors about 6 weeks ago, & I found a size 9 shoe with teeth marks the following morning.

The Gu**** are still trying to find the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Its a well know criminal family from Southill thats doing all the burglaries in the Rathkeale/NCW areas. The council gave them a house on the side of the N21 between the two towns. There must be about six caravans on the site. Why did Limerick Co Co agree to take these vermin? They knew exactly what would happen. I've raised the issue with my local councillor but there's little he can do about it really. Caherconlish is also supposed to be gone to the dogs since certain regeneration families were rehoused. The trouble makers in Abbeyfeale had their house petrol bombed two weeks ago :) A case of the locals (along with some paramilitary help) fighting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

They also said that ALL alarms must have the logo of the installer. It cannot be blank.

So it's illegal to attach a plastic box to the outside of my house? I would love to see that piece of legislation. I would treat their statement with a LARGE amount of scepticism. Also, my alarm is blank cause I installed it myself. I very much doubt I've broken any law.
    My advice: take legal advice from lawyers not tradesmen.

• Advertisement

Moderated...

do not post names here.

And what happened in abbeyfeale just shows how strong the locals feel,notice how it didnt make the media

And what happened in abbeyfeale just shows how strong the locals feel,notice how it didnt make the media

I can see it happening in a few more towns in the next few weeks as well if the Gardai don't cop on. I guarantee you that the vigilantes will be pursued with a lot more vigour than the scum ever were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Moderated...

do not post names or identifiers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Oh yeah a big dog that will be bribed off with a big lump of meat with sleepers in the middle of it. what you actually need - dog wise is an alsation(german shepard) - jack russel combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

waraf wrote: »
    So it's illegal to attach a plastic box to the outside of my house? I would love to see that piece of legislation. I would treat their statement with a LARGE amount of scepticism. Also, my alarm is blank cause I installed it myself. I very much doubt I've broken any law.
    My advice: take legal advice from lawyers not tradesmen.

now who is going to charge who, people who rob are not charged, people who use mobiles while driving are not charged, etc, etc.

Advertisement