Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site launch...coming soon

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Folks,

I will have a new web site coming on line in the next few months.. (it is in the middle of development at the moment).. I was wondering does anyone have ideas on how best to market a web site leading up to the launch...I have a couple of ideas but I am looking for someone who has done it or knows someone who has lunched one sucessfully and hit the ground running. (so to speak).....

Any help wpould be appricated.....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

Get your SEO sorted and the rest will fall into place. Without that it is 99% harder to get the site visitors. Ive learned the hard way over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bombe

Hi Stuart,

SEO....what does this stand for....sorry if this is a stupid question....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Bombe wrote: »
    Hi Stuart,

SEO....what does this stand for....sorry if this is a stupid question....

search engine optimization.

you might look into learning how to use one first tho.

Thanks Guys...just need to brush up on the lingo.....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Put up a site with the keywords and some basic pages, perhaps a prototype site before you go live. Takes google a while to find and index sites, so you benefit in not loosing too much time when you go live.

Thanks Conolan....I will speak to my web designer about this ASAP.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

HI
    I own, built and SEO my own websites due to necessity.

Now:
    You will hear about adwords with Google.
    You will hear about SEO.
    You will hear about links.
    But let me tell you about cost!

One of the sites I own (which I have down at the moment) started with about 200-400 users a month, then I ran adword campaigns in Google (Now I did have a lot of words, about 4500) which gave me about 4000 to 6000 users a month, sounds good! Increase of about 1000% BUT and a big BUT! IT COST 15000 euros for 3 months, so be careful. Some of the words, like “car sales”, were 85c a click.

Now! Due to the cost I decided to SEO the site (hard work and you need to have control over your website to do it) and after a year I had up to 15,000 users a month and it was FREE.

I own www.DrivingTestTips.ie and I’m working on the SEO at the moment (this is live over a year) just to improve the marketing of the site. You see this can be an ongoing thing and NEEDS to be done.

If you would like to contact me just PM me and I will get back to you.

Regards

BUT and a big BUT! IT COST 15000 euros for 3 months, so be careful. Some of the words, like “car sales”, were 85c a click

Yes but it's relative to your return on investment. 15,000 is nothing if your making 5 times that much back. I assume it was a problem because you were losing money as opposed to making any ?

Out of curiosity, which SEO resources did you use ? Any ebooks etc ?

Yes but it's relative to your return on investment. 15,000 is nothing if your making 5 times that much back. I assume it was a problem because you were losing money as opposed to making any ?

Out of curiosity, which SEO resources did you use ? Any ebooks etc ?

Yes I do agree, if you’re making money from your traffic it may well be worth it but I was not and SEO is free traffic.
    When you’re starting up a lot of people do not have the money to spend in the hope of it will work and 15000 Euros is a lot of money when you are only starting up. The website was an Information website with advertising section and as you know this type of website needs users numbers/traffic, so i needed the traffic numbers before I could contact the advertisers.

I spent time and money learning SEO and how it works, I would only say read as many books and articles as you can as it is more of an understanding than a formula (it is a bit of an art to be honest).

Regards

• Advertisement

When you’re starting up a lot of people do not have the money to spend in the hope of it will work and 15000 Euros is a lot of money when you are only starting up.

Tell me about it, completely understand. Trying to work out a starting budget for adwords and it's quite confusing.

Tell me about it, completely understand. Trying to work out a starting budget for adwords and it's quite confusing.

Is your site up and running yet?

No not yet. I'm going to get a pro to make one for me and start small with my stock and work from there.

I'm just trying to work out an adwords budget and decide how much time it needs to be up and running before I see return on investment. It's practically impossible to tell until I just launch and start small.

I don't mind making mistakes and learning along the way, I'd be gutted if I had to majorly fail to learn. That would be indescribably annoying.

Any tips ?

I intend to do the SEO and internet marketing myself, the only thing I'm struggling with is a suitable starting budget really.

No not yet. I'm going to get a pro to make one for me and start small with my stock and work from there.

I'm just trying to work out an adwords budget and decide how much time it needs to be up and running before I see return on investment. It's practically impossible to tell until I just launch and start small.

I don't mind making mistakes and learning along the way, I'd be gutted if I had to majorly fail to learn. That would be indescribably annoying.

Any tips ?

I intend to do the SEO and internet marketing myself, the only thing I'm struggling with is a suitable starting budget really.

Send me you name and number in a PM and i will get back to you also, I may be able to help.

Regards

Advertisement