Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobsket.ie another alternative to promote your CV and find a job

Options
  • 12-08-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know about a new website I've been developing called Jobsket (http://www.jobsket.ie). Any feedback is much appreciated either here or on the feedback widget at the website as the site is just starting.

The idea is that you can upload your CV without having to fill multiple annoying forms and keeping the original format of the CV. Then you can view the CV in the web, promote it across twitter, facebook, friendfeed, etc., you can also embed it in your web page or blog, or send it to anyone. The system also assigns you a tag cloud which can be useful to find key words that you may have missed when writing the CV. Btw, you can make your CV public but you can also keep it completely private or only available to recruiters.

Apart from that, the website analyzes and keeps a list of the salaries and job offers available in several employment portals, so you can browse for the best and worse paid jobs by region, role or skills. You can also get alerts (configurable) on your email for jobs that match your CV and desired salary. There is also charts with the best paid salaries for regions, roles and skills which makes very easy to find a highly paid job in your area and expertise.

Another feature is that when you upload your CV, Jobsket tries to estimate its value. This estimation (and it is only that, an estimation) is calculated matching the data available in your CV against the average salaries in the different sectors and it also does take into account your experience. There is more information about how it is done in the help pages.

I reckon is enough advertising :) I think it is a different approach to the jobs market, more like a tool for jobhunters and headhunters than the typical job ads page. As I said, I'd really appreciate to have your feedback.

Cheers.

P.S. There is a blog in which you can find some of the features explained and a twitter account as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Just to let people know (and to stop the every watchful eyes of fellow forum powers flagging this as spam) that this thread has been pre-vetted by us mods and has been allowed under strict conditions.

It is not spam.

Carry on :)

Advertisement