Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Dexter Promo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Brilliant.

I like the Matrixiness of it.

Should be a good season by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

meh, looks like it's going to be another season where he kills sweet fa people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Heroes did it!

(South Park reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Not sure how I put photos into posts,not the ones you have to click on,but the ones that just show up in your post.

Anyway,some new interesting promo pics for the new season.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/08/dexter-baby-pictures-aww-how-uh-cute.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

What we need is for Dexter to do something horrible. Something that we can't stomach. Something to make us think that we're wrong to like him. There's a touch of rigmarole at this stage to his kills. They've become predictable. He's no longer a monster. That needs to change. He needs to do something seriously sick - like, waaay more sick than usual.
    I'm afraid that this is going to turn into a parody of Seventh Heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Furet wrote: »
    What we need is for Dexter to do something horrible. Something that we can't stomach. Something to make us think that we're wrong to like him. There's a touch of rigmarole at this stage to his kills. They've become predictable. He's no longer a monster. That needs to change. He needs to do something seriously sick - like, waaay more sick than usual.
    I'm afraid that this is going to turn into a parody of Seventh Heaven.

That would defeat the whole purpose of the character and who he is and what he deals with. We saw him last year kill someone that he didn't mean to and it had long term reprecussions over the season.

I don't understand the amount of negative comments about the show after last season. It wasn't an amazing season but it was terrible either. It also had Jimmy Smits who was great. So one average season but we had 2 amazing seasons before that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When is this starting up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote: »
    I don't understand the amount of negative comments about the show after last season. It wasn't an amazing season but it was terrible either.
    In my eyes, it was a terribly drab season which contained a lot of overlong and drawn-out episodes where I kept eyeing the time / my watch for it to end.

Barely enthralling or exciting at all - just downright poor.
    tvnutz wrote: »
    It also had Jimmy Smits who was great.
    This is another thing - people keep telling me that Jimmy Smits is a great actor.

Yes, he was fantastic in 'The West Wing' and from what I've seen of him in 'NYPD Blue'.. but were people really impressed by him in 'Dexter'? I certainly wasn't.. there's been a number of actors (who play supporting characters - namely James Remar as Harry, and Keith Carradine as Lundy) that outshone Smits stint in the 3rd season.
    When is this starting up again?
    September 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

basquille wrote: »
    This is another thing - people keep telling me that Jimmy Smits is a great actor.

Yes, he was fantastic in 'The West Wing' and from what I've seen of him in 'NYPD Blue'.. but were people really impressed by him in 'Dexter'? I certainly wasn't.. there's been a number of actors (who play supporting characters - namely James Remar as Harry, and Keith Carradine as Lundy) that outshone Smits stint in the 3rd season.

I think he did a very good job playing Miguel, but I don't think the character was fantastic, and neither was the overall story as you pointed out. The skinner and Anton plots were quite boring too. And now Dexter has a family and a lickel baybee tooo. Aww shucks.
    Dexter - do something sick, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jimmy Smits ftw!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement