Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 min taxi fare?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi guys can anyone estimate how much a taxi would charge for a 20 min fare?

Cheers

Duncanb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Depends on distance / speed also. Best option is to say where you're going from and to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

ok going from up near the airport (harisstown) to the city centre (o'connell street) departing 9.15pm.....google maps distance metre sayes it would take approx 16 mins....iv rounded it to 20 mins

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

i find this website fairly handy

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

i find this website fairly handy

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/

I just tried a few routes I do take with taxi's and it's pretty much bang on.
    Good site, thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

duncanb wrote: »
    ok going from up near the airport (harisstown) to the city centre (o'connell street) departing 9.15pm.....google maps distance metre sayes it would take approx 16 mins....iv rounded it to 20 mins

Cheers
    Booked via telephone? and any additional passengers?

• Advertisement

Booked via telephone? and any additional passengers?

Well say i arranged for the taxi to do the trip at the same time on a regular basis 3 days a week....and yes just one person.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

duncanb wrote: »
    Well say i arranged for the taxi to do the trip at the same time on a regular basis 3 days a week....and yes just one person.

If your doing it on a regular basis with the same taxi, then I would arrange for a lower, off the clock fare.

bk wrote: »
    If your doing it on a regular basis with the same taxi, then I would arrange for a lower, off the clock fare.

Good idea.

How would one go about finding a taxi driver who they know is reputable and trustworthy?...i know no taxi drivers in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

D9 Taxis in Ballymun charge a fixed rate of €12 from Ballymun to the cc (GPO).
    Based on that it shouldn't cost you more than €15 from Harristown. Give them a call on 01-8425555 and ask for a price.
    Alternatively you could catch the bus. There's a huge Dublin Bus garage in Harristown so the area is well served by several bus routes. Check out routes 4/4a and the 83.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

D9 Taxis in Ballymun charge a fixed rate of €12 from Ballymun to the cc (GPO).
    Based on that it shouldn't cost you more than €15 from Harristown. Give them a call on 01-8425555 and ask for a price.
    Alternatively you could catch the bus. There's a huge Dublin Bus garage in Harristown so the area is well served by several bus routes. Check out routes 4/4a and the 83.

Seems to me that the above falls into commercial interests and as far as i know thats against boards rules ...As the fare ,the question how much will it cost for a 20 min journey cannot be answered correctly on a forum .
    Firstly you have to take into account that their may be heavy traffic at the particular time .Secondly for anyone to suggest that the driver should do it off the meter is against the law ,UNLESS a waiver form is produced .
    Harristown to the CC (depending on what part of the CC could take 30 mins ,,forget these Web links porporting to give information ,they are not always accurate.
    The above fare of 15euro from Harristown to CC is to low given that the average fare with light traffic (day time rate after 8am)to O Connell St ( Gresham Hotel)is approx 17 euro

• Advertisement
Advertisement