Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Repair

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a place to get a Garmin Nuvi repaired in Limerick city? I dropped the GPS on the floor and the screen is now white in colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Hate to say but Id imagine cheaper to buy a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Yeah I guess you could be right. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

If you want to try your hand at it, you could buy a replacement lcd (nuvi 760) from ebay here. only 15 quid delieverd and looks fairly handy to fit (ribbon cable).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bobmeaney wrote: »
    If you want to try your hand at it, you could buy a replacement lcd (nuvi 760) from ebay here. only 15 quid delieverd and looks fairly handy to fit (ribbon cable).

That is not the LCD screen it is the touch screen digitizer (the bit that figures out what part of the screen you are touching)

Package Include
    As Photo Shown Above * (This is Touch Screen (Digitizer) only, LCD Screen Not Included)
    * Free Gift : Plastic Opening Tools x 2
    * Free Gift : Cross Point (+) Screwdriver x 1
    * Free Gift : T6 (Star shaped) Screwdriver x 1

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Many thanks to everyone.
    I found (by chance, while stuck in traffic outside the shop) MR MOBILE on Wickham street who repairs mobiles, GPS, laptops, etc. Currently, my gps is being tested (this costs nothing). They will ring me on Monday with a quotation price for fixing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement