Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is class

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

buldozerlf6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Nah thats a Cat.

This is a claas :P :D

claas.jpg

You ever see this video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

bobcat is pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

buldozerlf6.jpg

thats what i would call a driver, i wonder whats he like for the monday mornings, as bad as the thing is i would still start the likes of him any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭S-Murph

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is that actually "what it does"? - as in, not a stunt?

Its seems specially modified just for this role, with the three clamps on either side. Wouldnt a mobile crane with a bucket on the end be better. I mean, who thought "oh, we'll modify this digger to climb up onto the wagons" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I would imagine a mobile crane would be a lot more expensive to purchase and run.

It would also be less maneuverable in tight spaces.

• Advertisement

S-Murph wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is that actually "what it does"? - as in, not a stunt?

Its seems specially modified just for this role, with the three clamps on either side. Wouldnt a mobile crane with a bucket on the end be better. I mean, who thought "oh, we'll modify this digger to climb up onto the wagons" :o

it seems to be in every day use , so not a stunt,

a crane could cost thousands to run and would be a hell of alot slower, thats why we progressed in the late 1950s from draglines to hydraulic excavators,

and its not a big job to modify a machine i have a 13 ton hitachi that i cut at the slew ring and lengthened it and widened it by 1.5 meters for the bog with 5 foot pads,

i also have an old hymac 580bt, with no undercarraige, instead it sits on a little floating barge, and can cross any lake or river, thats what i designed it for ,

another modification i made was putting a hedgecutter both blade and saw on a digger, i done this about 10 years ago , but its getting more common now,

i also converted one of my rubber ducks to a railroader, by taking off the blade, and jacks and replacing them with the idler wheels from a trains under carraige, so the can move 4 ways, up and down, and narrow or widen depending on the gauge of the track the machine is working on,

so its not uncommon to modify machinery, i also have an old massey track machine modified as a drilling rig for pilling,

one thing i will say is the recession no matter how bad it gets , there will always be work for good drivers, and alot of these knowalls who ripped the back of my machines in the boom years are going to be at home for a long time, but the likes of the lad in the picture above can ring me any day and i will find him work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

sound like some interesting machines leitrim lad, any chance of a few pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I like it that is cool and funny!!:D:D:D

ormondprop wrote: »
    sound like some interesting machines leitrim lad, any chance of a few pics

im working on it ,as soon as i figure out how to up load i will post

Advertisement